VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Pending Decision Approval - Timeline - Recent Experience

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Anyone have recent experience with how long the Pending Approval Decision Phase is now taking? I know that are a lot of variables by location, # contentions, and complexities but it's clear that the "big push" to clear the claims backlog is on. Also, today I saw something said that claims prcessing accuracy is almost at an all time high?

4wheeler:

Thanks for your reply...

Next week will be 5 weeks in the Pending Decision Approval Stage. One thing I know is that there is a big push to get claims out the door to knock down the claims backlog by the end of FY 15...so that volume of claims may be affecting this stage? The good news is that at least, I'm getting movement now and it should be done with the next few weeks. I think there's going to be huge push up and into the end of the FY to get claims done and report a high degree of success to Congress. Hopefully, I'll get a fair rating so I don't have to go thru the whole NOD, DRO and/or Appeals Process to get it sorted out? I think the waiting is one of the toughest parts of this process. I keep hearing that the VBA only approves of about 15% of a vets claims on the first go-round-so it takes a long time to get what a Vet really deserves? I've been researching VBA appeals and Vets are spending years and years tied up in the appeals process? Anyway, good luck to you and yours....

Edited by rootbeer22

My claim was at the Prep for Decision for over 2 months, and in the last week it has moved to Pending Decision to Prep for Notification. Hard to tell bud. Good luck and may we both get good news soon.

Navy04:

Thanks again...at this point it's just a waiting game and I realize that. I know because everyone's cases are so different with lots of variables, it's hard to tell anyway when it will be finally finished? Right now, I'm just praying for a favorable outcome. As you know, there are Pro's on this site that have given great advice and help a lot of people, including me. I'm a planner and have thought about the contingencies but I know that at some time, you just have to let it take it's course and that's where I'm at. One thing is for sure and that's that the VBA is in a big push to get as many cases as possible done this FY as they have promised Congress.....so hopefully that rush will not hurt Vets in terms of their claims outcomes? One note, I've been watching several Vet Blogs and overall there's a noticeable trend that have been some "generally" favorable ratings outcomes this year so far. I say "generally", because there's still a lot of problems across the board with CP Exams accuracies, lost records, and a host of other problems as VBA converts over to VBMS as their primary system for doing claims.....but for me...it's just wait and see. I decided today to try and only check ebenefits on Fridays each week, instead of 2 times daily so it does not drive me crazy...the lack of patience is my biggest personal flaw...

I had several stages for me:

Original Claim filed 5/2013 (several contentions)

7/13 - 3 C/P exams done

8/13 Gathering of Evidence

6/14 - Partial S/C 40% - rest of claims still under review status

10/14 - C/P exam for PTSD/MST & Eating Disorder

11/14 - one week went through all the stages within 5 days and claim closed and I wound up 60% overall S/C

There is no way to predict your claim closing b/c it could go all the way to the final SVRO for him/her to have a question and send it back to the rater...You just don't know...