VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Pending Decision Approval - Timeline - Recent Experience

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Anyone have recent experience with how long the Pending Approval Decision Phase is now taking? I know that are a lot of variables by location, # contentions, and complexities but it's clear that the "big push" to clear the claims backlog is on. Also, today I saw something said that claims prcessing accuracy is almost at an all time high?

rootbeer22,

I am on pins and needles just waiting for the decision. I have checked eBenifits several times since yesterday since the CLAIM CLOSED status was posted on my FDC and yesterday sent an IRIS requesting for status. Thank you for your words of encouragement and I wish you the best on your claim as well.

You can now see your disabilities on Ebennies w/o having to start a new claim. Have you checked to see if anything has changed?

I submitted my claim on May 5th 2015

Currently on preparation of decision...

claim is PTSD and Unemployable....

What if my claim gets denied what steps should I take if that happens.

If everything goes well how long would I get my rating ?

I filed my claim April 16th, had the last of my 4 c&p exams on sept 8th. Moved to prep for decision sept. 10th. Hopefully it goes by fast, however my claim is being handled in Oakland and I've read nothing but bad things.

20 hours ago, NSOnathan said:

I know this thread is done but if anyone has questions I'm a certified national service officer.  I'm sure I can answer some important questions 

NSONathan-

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the process.  I submitted my claim 6-mos prior to retiring- Eff ret date is 1 OCT 15.  I had my physicals conducted in November.  My status currently states "Pending Decision Approval" (think my regional office is Winston Salem, NC-- I live in northern VA).  If I interpret the Aspire/excel document correctly, which is subject to debate, I guess I can assume my claim has a pretty good chance of being completed within the next month.  All of that said, I am curious about the checks and balances based upon your experience.  I'll use the claim on my knee as an example (not the only condition I applied for)

My left knee has been operated on by the Army 9 times.  The chief of adult reconstructive surgery at Walter Reed said there is no doubt it needs to be replaced but that I should wait until I am 50.  My leg doesn't have full extension or flexion.  My left quad is significantly smaller than my right quad.  Basically, it's pretty screwed up.  That said, it was one of the least examined parts of my body during my physical.  The NP didn't measure flexion or extension but she did measure the loss of muscle mass.  When she asked how many days of work I have missed in the last year I told her none.  Now had she asked me how many days of work I have missed because of my knee, it would a a ton.  I had some pretty complex surgeries with significant convalescent leave periods.  Anyway, was the exam of my knee not extensive because of the volumes of documentation in my records? 

I don't have a magic rating I am expecting but I will blow a head gasket if my left knee is egregiously low.  So getting back to my initial question, is there a checks and balance process in place that catches something like that?

Thanks-- John

41 minutes ago, ArtyGuy said:

NSONathan-

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the process.  I submitted my claim 6-mos prior to retiring- Eff ret date is 1 OCT 15.  I had my physicals conducted in November.  My status currently states "Pending Decision Approval" (think my regional office is Winston Salem, NC-- I live in northern VA).  If I interpret the Aspire/excel document correctly, which is subject to debate, I guess I can assume my claim has a pretty good chance of being completed within the next month.  All of that said, I am curious about the checks and balances based upon your experience.  I'll use the claim on my knee as an example (not the only condition I applied for)

My left knee has been operated on by the Army 9 times.  The chief of adult reconstructive surgery at Walter Reed said there is no doubt it needs to be replaced but that I should wait until I am 50.  My leg doesn't have full extension or flexion.  My left quad is significantly smaller than my right quad.  Basically, it's pretty screwed up.  That said, it was one of the least examined parts of my body during my physical.  The NP didn't measure flexion or extension but she did measure the loss of muscle mass.  When she asked how many days of work I have missed in the last year I told her none.  Now had she asked me how many days of work I have missed because of my knee, it would a a ton.  I had some pretty complex surgeries with significant convalescent leave periods.  Anyway, was the exam of my knee not extensive because of the volumes of documentation in my records? 

I don't have a magic rating I am expecting but I will blow a head gasket if my left knee is egregiously low.  So getting back to my initial question, is there a checks and balance process in place that catches something like that?

Thanks-- John

Yeah there is check and balances.   It's passed through 4 people who are in the claims process. Then checked again before the claim is signed off on by the rater.

If you have a service officer give them a heads up about your issue and  have them look at your claim really well.  The VA constantly still makes mistakes.  Like me for example I was rated 30% for headaches when i should of been rated at 50% so I re-filed for a cue (clear unmistakable error)  then it was corrected and and back pay goes back also. Go the the VA blue button and download your C&P exam and check it the to the 38CFR to make sure it's correct