VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Imo Or Ime From Dentist?

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

I have a very good outside dentist that filled out a DBQ but now I am thinking I should have gotten an IMO or IME? Which is better? Secondly, since I already filed an FDC I am assuming that I should NOT submit the IMO/IME. Should I have it prepared by my dentist for back up in case my dental claim secondary to my eating disorder gets denied?

How do I have one prepared by him. He is not familiar with the VA but is willing to assist me in anyway he can.

Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

Here it is GP from Hadit member carlie!

Here is info on IMOs

They need to have the proper 'as likely as not' wording with a full medical rationale.

The doctor should be willing to attach his Curriculum Vitae or at least a brief rundown of his areas of expertise.And to also attach a good medical abstract or printout that confirms the eating disorder can cause dental problems.
These might do:
https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/dental-complications-eating-disorders
http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/e/eating-disorders

I tried to find a dentist years ago for my AO DMII death claim.

Neither my dentist or another local one really had the expertise I needed so I raised the issue myself and it became part of my probative evidence.

My husband had very good teeth but the VA dentist discovered white patches in his mouth and noted it on a medical records.

Within a few months he had a stroke and the VA noted he had oral candidiasis.(the white patches)

They discharged him with Swish and Swallow, to relieve the candidiasis (without looking for it's cause).

What they didnt tell him or me is that this type of candidiasis can be due to high glucose, spilling into in the saliva, and is a marker for DMII.

Candidiasis was mentioned in the 1997 diabetes Training letter I had, and the updated TL for diabetes is here under a search.

Va never diagnosed or treated him for DMII but ,even before I got 2 IMos from Dr. Bash, I had this as part of my evidence, and the fact that there was no other etiology for this disease then the untreated DMII.

We cannot overlook a single medical entry.no matter how minor or insignificant it might seem to be.

BVA agreed with all of the evidence. Death contributed to by DMII from the AO.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use