lcurle

Ro Tactics?

11 posts in this topic

Got a call from the RO today saying that I cannot file for IU due to the fact I have a claim in appeals that has IU tied to it and that it has to be removed or the claim will be discarded. Any legitimacy to this or are they just trying to screw me over more.

Sounds like a catch 22 in fine print. I applied (FDC) for an increase on a claim that was in appeal. Came back canceled.

It sounds right to me bud, so either you need to remove original claim, or wait it out and go from there. Good luck

If IU is tied to your original claim in appeals cancel your other claim if applying IU question is do you trust the VA?

Hmm I am appealing their denial for an increase for ptsd. They already said no to IU because I was only 50% for 1 SC. I didn't know the entire claim gets held up.

Make your claim for IU cause the 50% is to low. If you are not working because of your 50% service condition you should get IU. I know they try to make it complicated but it is not.

Good Luck

PS I don't think that the VA can discard a claim because a Veteran files for IU. I would certainly tell the VA on the form that you should have IU based on your Service Rated Condition no matter what per cent they have rated because you are not able to work.

Edited by Pete53