VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Recomm, Imo For Asthma In Jacksonville

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

Good evening brothers/ Sisters / family members,

I was denied a SC for Asthma back in 2011, I was diagnosed during and after returning from Saudia Arabia in 1995 after a 8 month Patriot Missile deployment. . I've been on Meds ever since .... Advair/ Singulair / Albuterol / Montekulast, and was issued a Nebulizer. I have many of documented visits to the ER for shortness of breath and attacks. I retired in 2011 after 21 years. I didn't know anything about appeals and so forth. I am hoping someone can suggest a good Veteran friendly Asthma / Allergy Dr. in Jacksonville for a good IMO so I can re open my case. Will my service records suffice , I know they couldn't of looked at them, since it was clear as day that I am Asthmatic and that is was indeed SC. Muchas Gracias

God Bless each and every one of you.

The Big Commo Chief

4 answers to this question

Good evening brothers/ Sisters / family members,

I was denied a SC for Asthma back in 2011, I was diagnosed during and after returning from Saudia Arabia in 1995 after a 8 month Patriot Missile deployment. . I've been on Meds ever since .... Advair/ Singulair / Albuterol / Montekulast, and was issued a Nebulizer. I have many of documented visits to the ER for shortness of breath and attacks. I retired in 2011 after 21 years. I didn't know anything about appeals and so forth. I am hoping someone can suggest a good Veteran friendly Asthma / Allergy Dr. in Jacksonville for a good IMO so I can re open my case. Will my service records suffice , I know they couldn't of looked at them, since it was clear as day that I am Asthmatic and that is was indeed SC. Muchas Gracias

God Bless each and every one of you.

The Big Commo Chief

maybe look at this I don't know much about them just came across this

http://www.jurispro.com/category/pulmonary-medicine-s-603/FL

"Will my service records suffice , I know they couldn't of looked at them, since it was clear as day that I am Asthmatic and that is was indeed SC"

You could attempt to re-open this claim with New and Material evidence, highlighting copies of the SMRs they probably never read.

Did they list the SMRs as evidence in the denial?

Was this disability listed on your discharge certificate from the Military?

Gracias por esos largos años de servicio.!!!!!!

If they didnt list the SMRs this sure might be bases for a 38 CFR 3.156 claim.

I think veterans sure need to highlight specific entries in copies of their SMRs when they file claims that rest on establishing an in-service Nexis (cause) to submit to the VA.

Because the VA isn't going to go through years of SMRs to find them.

Edited by Berta

Thanks for the info RU. I will look into that. I want to also thank Mrs. Berta for the info and advice. I'm looking into an IMO, and I will also attach and highlight the 30 pages of Asthma related issues that I had while in active duty along with MEDS listing and test results. I should of done this from the get go, but was ignorant and didn't read into the appeal stuff. I'm sure I can beat this...my VSO is waiting on the paperwork that I have for him i.e IMO / SMR'S that were never looked at. They didn't not mention the SMR's as as evidence in the denial. And yes, Asthma was listed inmy SMR disabilities listing.

Thank you all.....

"Dios los Bendiga a todos"

"They didn't not mention the SMR's as as evidence in the denial."

Yow, that is basis for a 38 CFR. 156 claim and/.or a re consideration ..

Lots here under a hadit search for 38 CFR 3.156

Geez...how can the VA do this....not even mention the SMRs? WTF?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use