VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update 5/11! Fdc Complete With Success!

Rate this topic

Navy04

Got it. Your game plan has to be the Crohns. It's service connected, it's the proximate cause of many of your health issues. It's an autoimmune disease and reflects what is horribly amiss in your body. Put a fork in all the extraneous back,neck, knees etc. Let them ride unless you have an inordinate urge to self-flagellate. Get the workups from the gastroboys and present it as a fait accompli. Your core of your being and life will be compromised with a colostomy/ileostomy. I know whereof I speak. I had an ileostomy from 5/2009 to 3/2010. A colostomy is no different but it's on your left side. It's the end of life as you will ever know it, sir. Infections. Leaks. Soiled clothing. Soiled sheets. Hell, I can't list it all here. Regardless, it's 100%. You do not have to wait for that. Be proactive on any one of your diseases that lead to permanent and total. I could have filed for the Alloderm they patched me up with but what do I need with another 100% 1151 claim? I sure didn't need the extra 40% I got last month for Fibro but it was a strategy that paid off way too late. I now have the SMC I sought from 1994 without it. You need to focus on your future and your wife/family. I prepositioned for 38 CFR 3.350 (f)(4). I suggest you do the same now rather than wait until you're my age to do so.

Always remember one thing. This is a game of peanuts. VA gives you a small pittance for what they got out of you in war. You gave all. You get peanuts back. File for pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts or whatever, but file for the expensive 100% ones that you earned. You have no idea what that Crohn's has in store for you. I suggest you either take your protein pill and put the helmet on or consider that Remacade drug. I doubt VA s going to cotton to the idea if $5,400 a dose every six weeks though. Plan ahead like your life depends on it because you have no idea of what a $hitstorm you're sailing into. The only thing you have going for you is you're Navy and know how best to be sailing around in the Poopy Sea. Best of luck. You will need every once you can summons.

Let me add my vote to what asknod just said.

You need to be pro-active and concentrate on ONE area at a time, then the chips will fall for the rest.

When I first started I had listed maybe 18 items, going in every direction.

One day after waiting for what I thought was an eternity, and after calling my Congressman for help, I received a phone call from the VARO. The person on the other end of the phone told me that since I had listed so many contentions that my claim was going to take a lot longer to close or we could close it today if I want to agree to defer some of the issues and delete a couple of others and then I could add them later with a new claim.

Well of course I agreed to that just so I could get at least a little amount in my bank account.

After that claim closed, I reevaluated what I was doing with a lot of help from the board and got things eventually completed.

Just keep going full speed ahead in ONE direction.

Good luck with your claim.

OSC

Edited by OSC

Thanks guys, Asknod again, can you repeat what exactly you would do for my first step? Can I get IU while 100% Schedular or no? What is weird is my PTSD Re Eval results where to continue at 70% yet VA Exam Doc wrote that my PTSD continues to be Chronic, which I would think would make my PTSD go up to 100%. Just lost, and trying to see where to start.

• 6 months later...

Asknod,

I'm trying to find out info relating to Crohn's for a coworker, who is a Nam Vet, gunner on a 50 ft patrol boat, he developed Crohns while on active duty.  He has had at least 2 surgeries.  He is medically retired but is only getting @ 400.00$  I told him that the VA should rate him high enough to make it worth choosing the VA comp over the medical retirement. 

I was looking on the CFR rating charts, but couldn't find Crohns listed on it.  Do you have the link?

Thanks!

Andyman

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use