VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosed With Ptsd And Sleep Apnea By Va 3 Months After Discharge

Rate this question

bruinboy

Question

Absolutely.....are you within the one year period after your discharge?

If a claim is filed within one year after discharge,and the claim succeeds, the earliest effective date will be the day after your discharge.

Do you have your complete SMRs?

A FDC claim might be the fastest way to go.

FDC info here under a search. (Fully Developed Claim)

I would file. I believe that if it is within the first year of discharge it should be service connected.

Yes, I still have 9 months to go before 1 year. I did have complaints abotu sleeping issues and fatigue in the army, and I was diagnosed with "persistent issues of initiating and maintaing sleep" per DSM V by psychiatrist. I also filled out sleep questionarie, and I complained about choking and apnea - my wife told me. But my primary doc said since Im not obese and didnt even refer me to sleep study. wondering if I should fight for sleep apnea now too

Absolutely.....are you within the one year period after your discharge?

If a claim is filed within one year after discharge,and the claim succeeds, the earliest effective date will be the day after your discharge.

Do you have your complete SMRs?

A FDC claim might be the fastest way to go.

FDC info here under a search. (Fully Developed Claim)

Also, I do have almost all the important medical records from the Army. All my reserve and active duty time - which comes out to total of 15 or 16 years in Service.

I just scanned and uploaded much documents to ebenefits. Also, ones in AHLTA were easily uploaded; the service gave me a CD with all the records.

I forgot to mention that I complained about sleeping issues on my phase I. I said I had trouble on and off for 4 years. Also, I did mention to behavioral health once that I do occasionally wake up with nightmares and trouble breathings - few times per year. Also, I was officially diagnosed with "Sleeping Disorder initiating and maintaining " per DSM V by a psychiatrist whie I was in active duty. Plus, I filled a sleep questionnaire that asked about my sleeping problems

Do I got a shot?

Edited by bruinboy