VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Win Appeal In Less Than 2 Years?

Rate this topic

BEVB

I see lots of fast decisions on first time claims but most appeals seem to take much longer. I am currently at 30%. 10% each flat feet, tinnitus and urticaria (hives when exposed to sun or wind). Ebenfits show that my appeal was received on 8/1/14 but nothing further since then. An attorney filed my appeal so I was just wondering if I'd have to wait much longer.

Welcome!

Appeals can take a long time. I am currently in the appeal status as well (December 2014) and I am in stage 1 so long ways to go. Usually they are at least 2 years but good news is if you win you will get all that retro!

Good luck!

Two years at the BVA level are mostly a thing of the past, and are now a dinosaur akin to pay telephones. Four to five years is the new norm for Board decisions and this appears to be on the increase. By the time you get there, it may well be six years.

• HadIt.com Elder

Something I found out today - - - for whatever it's worth. A BVA judge can assign a case number that somehow impacts the wait time for a decision.

Has to do with part of the case number that is related to a past year. It affects the ageing of the claim, and the current guidance to try to clear "older"

appeals. It can supposedly change the wait time for a decision from years to months. Believe it when I see the results.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use