VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Win Appeal In Less Than 2 Years?

Rate this topic

BEVB

Were your flat feet listed on your pre enlistment physical?

Is you service connection by aggravation of a preexisting injury?

If so, was your SMR's or exit physical records the determining factor?

I have no idea. I just filed a claim at the VA office then followed up when I enrolled at the VA hospital and got the brown envelope about 2 months later. I had an attorney to file the appeal because I am clueless and finding guidance was difficult.

BEVB, welcome to Hadit. When your lawyer filed your appeal did you do a DRO review or a traditional appeal? It makes a difference. DRO review are usually a shorter wait. I filed my NOD with a DRO review July 2014, and still have not hear anything on it, but was told that the average time for my RO is 563 days for a DRO review.

Thanks. I'll have to check. Is there a way to find out without asking the attorney?

Edited by BEVB

There is a "Request for advance on the docket" due to hardship you can submit. That may help.

The problem I see with this is "who doesnt have a hardship when his benefit claim takes 5 years?"

Some reasons why Vets have won an advance on the docket are:

1. They are terminally ill.

2. They are elderly and may not survive a traditional 5 year appeal.

3. They are homeless and need the benefits to try to get out of the situation.

4. They have children who are homeless.

5. They have a foreclosure notice (or eviction notice) and are threatened with losing their home.

6. They have other extreme financial need such as utility shutoffs, lack of food, clothing, etc.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use