VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I live close to my Regional Office and I know that my appeal is just sitting there in a pile awaiting to be looked at in Philadelphia if it were wise to just walk in there and ask to see where exactly in Line my claim is awaiting? I am just alittle worried it will be passed around like the picture in the news has been painting. Or is that is even an option. I know I have been their before just to get copies of my records and to submit paper in for my claim but never to see where it is even sitting. I do not not want to be nieve just am in need of some education.

Hard to say bud, it could go either way, either the VA screws with you, or someone walks over and actually looks at it. Good luck

When is the last time you heard from the VA on your claim?

Did they acknowledge formal receipt of it, and have they sent you a 5103 waiver yet?

It is a good idea to join ebenefits at www.ebenefits.gov although they are screwed up there too or file an IRIS inquiry...

.go to www.va.gov, then click on the Contact Us thing at the top right side and then click on Ask a question and ask them for the status of the claim.

Ask for an email status. They can make stuff up if they use the phone reply.

11/14/2014 Local VA Office Decision RO 12/22/2014 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 04/22/2015 Appeal Pending

RO

I am at the regional office in Philadelphia and am DRO De Novo review because filed a cue based on the fact my service LOD was not due to willful misconduct but the VA said it was 5 years after my service department had their hearing on my accident saying it wasn't.

Edited by jfrei

On top of the LOD I also have the report from GM internal investigation stating the accident was due to my ignition switch which in turn decided to settle because it was before their bankruptcy so technically shielded by the judges ruling, and never mind even if the death count is over 109 today

And now you cant view your status until September on Ebenefits as if they update it on time anywho.

Did you ever post a copy of the redacted "LOD" report, that you used as the Basis for your DRO Review CUE?

Semper Fi