VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C N P Exam

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

I have been schedule for c n p exams to determine if i can be entitled to 100% for unemployability. My ssi was approved base off my va health records. Do you think the Va will take that into considerations for rating me 100%? Any feedback will be helpful.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Your SSI Decision will be taken into consideration, but doesn't make IU Award automatic. You're currently at 50% SC so your really not eligible for a Schedular IU claim, 1 SC @60 or 1 @ 40 and 2 others that get you to 70%. You never received anything from VA rating Dept indicating you had an "Inferred IU Claim" pending, right? The VA Rater would have to refer your claim to the Rating Department Director if they believe you're eligible for the Extra-Schedular IU Rating.

As to your SSI and VA IU, 2 completely different rating criteria. SSI is all or nothing, whereas the VA disability rating is done in percentages. Even though you might not be able to do the work or job you had in the past, you might still be determined by the VA to be Gainfully Employable ($12,400 under 65, $11,400 65+) per year, doing sedentary work. Your SC condition must be the cause of your unemployability. Tough sell at your current 50% SC rating.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Hi

Thanks for responding, currently im at 60% for va. Since that rating(4 yrs ago) ive have been diagnose with several more disabilities (severe depression, avn, rupture disc in neck an advance white matter disease which is causing severe headaches/mini strokes). I also have doctor statements stating that I will not be able to find employment. Do you think any of the above will help my case. I will be turning 60 in feb. Once again thanks for your input.