VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Questions

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

I feel kind of weird to just contact a doctor and say examine me and fill this out....

Do i got in for a exam and then contact them after with the DBQ?

In the DBQ it says things like have you reviewed the Veterans file, what do i bring to them? For the podiatrist I was going to bring my initial entrance exam to show no indication of flat feet and neurologist i was going to bring headache diary as well as as evidence from my file of my exposure to explosions as well as PTSD info.

Also Do i just hand them a paper from earlier posts noting that the VA wants to hear words like "more likely than not" etc?

Rootbeer,

Your case is the one I have been following closely. I actually expect everyday when I check hadit to see your success story. I hope to hear some good news from you on this front very soon. I wish that no veteran had to endure the VA process. I will keep channeling positive energy in hopes that it makes a difference in at least some cases. I wish you and yours the best and a quick decision.

V/r

Detel

Detel:

Thanks and it's very nice of you to comment...one of the most important aspects of this claim for me..is the recognition of my military injuries - that happened in service. Sometimes, in the morning, when I have to roll out of bed because of the pain and after not sleeping much the night before - it's tough to get the strength to go to work usually----so I remind myself it was all worth the sacrifice-- each day. Don't get me wrong, being an Army Tanker was a great part of my life and I knew from the start that it was a dangerous job. However, I guess I did not realise that everything in my body would hurt even more...as we get older? The other issue, is that I would have thought that we as Vets would be treated with a little more respect during our CP exams? Most of my exams in the Army were thorough, with a high degree of professionalism by the doctors? Anyway, the good news now is that I spoke with the QTC exam folks today and it looks like they are going try and get me taken care of sooner rather then later. I was told as soon as the new exams hit the systerm as being completed, VBA will render a final decision...hopefully one that not require a lot of NODs or appeals..as I've been trying to get it do right out of the gate....take care...and godspeed to you and yours....

Great topic...........

I'm a bit confused but I wanna add my two cents.

Something often not talked about at HADIT is the formal diagnosis while in service.

Often this becomes the biggest hurdle to veterans acquiring benefits.

Lets say a veteran hurts his shoulder on active duty. The doctor should provide a formal diagnosis (sprain, strain, slap tear, rotator cuff tear, rotator cuff bruise, impingement, etc) and residuals related to the injury.

Often times (in the past), the physician might just say, hurt shoulder, shoulder pain, bruised muscles, etc.

So now the veteran files a claim 6-8 years later because the issue with the shoulder has worsened.

He is diagnosed with rotator cuff tear (partial) with a torn labrum.

The veteran is automatically pigeon holed due to the initial diagnosis being a "hurt shoulder or shoulder pain".

The veteran asks the doctor to opinion the initial diagnosis is attributable to the current medical situation. The doctor tells the veteran no.

The veteran is baffled as to why, but there is a good reason. The diagnosis of hurt shoulder, bruised muscles, shoulder pain, is so open ended it cant readily be traced to a specific injury.

However if the veteran is diagnosed with strain or sprain it is different.

A shoulder strain is defined as stretching or tearing of muscle/ tendons in the shoulder area. The severity is graded as I, II, and III.

A rotator cuff tear is the tearing of any of the muscles/tendons which comprise the rotator cuff.

The rotator cuff is sets of tendons and muscles which stabilize the shoulder.

The diagnosis of rotator cuff tear shows a symbiotic relationship to the earlier diagnosis of shoulder strain.

The issue is easier for the doctor to opinion on and furthermore a simplified statement (IMO, IME, nexus, etc) of the military incident causing the current shoulder condition is more readily received by the VA due to the relationship between the two injuries.

The key or easier path to service connection is the active duty injury being medically related to the current issue.

Often times doctors fail to offer opinion due to the issue not medically being symbiotic related.

It is very important to get a diagnosis code and the appropriate narrative of your symptoms.

By securing this small set of facts in service, it will make service connecting your claim much easier down the road.

Just my $0.02 cents worth.

berta and anyone else???

are there just doctor bash and doctor anaise who can give IMOs? or do you know of some other doctors who give IMOs??? i'd love to contact some of them then have them review my records and see if they can give me some IMOs for secondary conditions related to service connected hearing loss and tinnitus.

did you see doctor david anaise in person to get your IMOs or did you mail him your documents then he reviewed them then he talked with you over the phone??? dr. john ellis did my IMOs i want to say over 2 years ago and the va and my attorney/law firm and set to square up in a travel board hearing in the next few months i hope. i have service connected hearing loss and tinnitus and i have some secondary aggravated conditions would doctor anaise be a good doctor to have complete my IMOs for service connected hearing loss and tinnitus secondary aggravated conditions??? also what are doctor anaise fees....$1500 total for his IMOs and everything even if i have say 5 or 6 secondary conditions?

www.IME.net

What is the disability you are claiming as secondary, because that would determine the type of IMO doctor you need.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use