VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Questions

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

I feel kind of weird to just contact a doctor and say examine me and fill this out....

Do i got in for a exam and then contact them after with the DBQ?

In the DBQ it says things like have you reviewed the Veterans file, what do i bring to them? For the podiatrist I was going to bring my initial entrance exam to show no indication of flat feet and neurologist i was going to bring headache diary as well as as evidence from my file of my exposure to explosions as well as PTSD info.

Also Do i just hand them a paper from earlier posts noting that the VA wants to hear words like "more likely than not" etc?

i found a few doctors on www.imenet.com in surrounding states around oklahoma and i've reached out and emailed each of them individually asking them if the did va disability independent medical opinions and what could the possible fees be...

the problem i keep running into for orthopedic/neurologist is ive had multiple ones get back to me but say they only work for IME companies or attorneys, like in a "postal truck ran over my foot" type of cases.

I explained that veterans rarely have attorney and do this themselves, etc....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use