VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tn Cuts Aid For Property Tax Relief For Disabled Vets!

Just got a letter from the State of TN. There are new rules on the property tax relief for 100 percent disabled veterans and for low income home owners. The way I read it, a means test for disabled vets is being implemented and yes it includes compensation from being disabled plus everyone in the household. Additionally, the relief used to go to 175k on property value, now cut to 100k, IF you qualify. New veterans applying are going to have a much harder time, and all are going to get hit with the decrease.

While we were sleeping, this evidently got passed by the Republicans in our state, the Democrats opposed it.

It is effective July 2015.

• HadIt.com Elder

That really sucks.

The best advice is this/ Sell out, Find the following roads and pick a driection.

I40

I24

I65

I75

One of these will take you out of Purgatory and land you in a More Tax Friendly State.

Personally, I would select 75 south to Florida.

Try Oklahoma. 100 percent P and T vets don't even pay sales tax if you live there. Just watch out for Mother Natures Vacuum cleaner.

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't see how this will pass, ?? write your congressman, I had believed for a long time when congress passes a DB disability benefit ,

the state lever can't mess with it?

Maybe all the disable veterans from TN Protest!

All us other 100% Veterans better hope this don't have the ''Domino'' Effect!

jmo

......Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am concerned about other states following this lead. Cutting long existing programs for veterans and the low income. If I understand, it is a state by state decision what benefits each state gives. Googling, I found this was being debated months back, and one idea really made me sick. Let the veterans get in on a first come, first served basis. That did not pass. Thank God!!!!!!!! Trying to put disabled vets in competition against each other? After they fought side by side?

Not being political here, but from the news stories, all Repubicans voted to reduce benefits, all the Democrats voted NO.

Feeling really bad for all this is impacting.

TiredVeteran,

Just got a letter from the State of TN. There are new rules on the property tax relief for 100 percent disabled veterans and for low income home owners. The way I read it, a means test for disabled vets is being implemented and yes it includes compensation from being disabled plus everyone in the household. Additionally, the relief used to go to 175k on property value, now cut to 100k, IF you qualify. New veterans applying are going to have a much harder time, and all are going to get hit with the decrease.

Can you post a copy of this letter? Please delete/cover any personal information like name and address, I can not find any information on line.

Edited by pete992