CHerv08

Small Business Information

13 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to reach out to our amazing community and find out where I can get the most information regarding Vet Benefits towards starting a small business.

I am looking for any types of information that can help me get the materials I need, such as the computers,printers, book keeping programs so on and so forth. I am not necessarily looking for a small business loan however I could use that information. Just any insight would be greatly appercaited.

Thank you!

C

The Army has workshops and seminars specifically tailored to entrepreneurs and small business start-ups. If you are within driving range of an ACAP center. Even if you’re out or retired already, you still qualify as a vet to go to workshops and seminars. Walk in, sign up, and take advantage of some really good training and networking. Gov grants, loans, private sector kick start programs – they’ll cover it all.

Being a small business owner I have searched for grants and help with a small business in the past. The results are slim and most only help with a SBA loan from Uncle Sam. You get points for being a veteran but it all boils down to your credit score and ability to repay the loan. I ended up bootstrapping my operations just because I wanted to be debt free.

If you have free assets available consider a Line of Credit against those assets to help quickly get the equipment you need. Let me know, I went to school for this and have been debating about finding a way to help other veterans start their own businesses since we can't use the GI Bill for it.

Hey I appercaite the help -

There seems to be all kinds of people willing to hand out loans for Vet's to start a business, which I have no bones over it as long as it's not out to screw the Vet.

I've looked at opening a business dedicated to serving Vet's in some fashion. I'll keep my eyes out!

C

Are you post 9/11 or pre 9/11 veteran? Some programs are only available to Post 9/11 veterans.

I would also look into State benefits available to you. Here in Texas, I know they offer an entrepreneur program available, including "ride alongs" with established businessmen which are supposed to be great networking tools as well. They may have similar programs locally where you are as well.