VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discharge From Voc Rehab

Rate this question

Valhalla0321

Question

Question,

I am in VOC rehab, i am at 70% total, 50% is for Migraines. I informed my VOC rehab counselor that i could not continue my college after being in the program for 2 1/2 years and She said she would write a letter to me for VA since i filed for IU. Well after 6 weeks of back and forth i am now confused. My IU claim was denied based on Nero Doc stating Medz helped with headache pain.. .lie! The letter from counselor did not come in time as she went from the ill write you a letter la d da... to i have to check with supervisor, to.. you must be screened for Independent living.. so i am in disbelief also .. i think she is not going to write anything.

Finally her Supervisor called me to explain Independant Living program and how it is part of Voc rehab.. she asked me if i wanted to be discharged or if i wanted to do eval for ILP, i asked if a letter of support would be generated upon discharge of College due to medical reason and she said, if you are in the program there is no discharge and no letter, basically it's either yes or no to program and ILP does not generate a letter to help in the case of IU is how i understand it.

So the Councilor originally said she would discharge me based on medical conditions, i am wondering if she would just give me a simple discharge from VOC rehab because i don't want which would be counter productive to my case.

I here so many stories of how Vets get a voc rehab to write a letter similar to your's but how and why am i going through all this confusion.. what is correct.. my IU got denied anyway but if the councilor would keep up on her word and saying of what she would write that's a plus.. please help someone..

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless things have changed since I was in VOC=REHAB...that is BS.

My counselor was glad to write me a letter stating it is not feasible to retrain this veteran because of his SC Disability's

I was in Voc Rehab & ILP.

BUT THAT WAS WAY BACK IN 2000

................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

If a veteran can't make it through Voc ReHab and can't do the work he use to do.
unable to work because of his/her SC Disability's or find substantial gainful employment. Usually the Voc- Rehab counselor will write a favorable letter for the veteran to help get TDIU, However medical evidence is the key that unlocks the door to 100% TDIU.

You can always call the Voc- Rehab and ask them to do you a big favor and write a letter for you.

Voc-Rehabs must be different across the country but mostly I think its just the people.

jmo

.................Buck

Thank's,

My Councilors Supervisor which happens to be my original intake councilor told me that they can not provide a letter or subjective comments, i told Her that there are letters out there that Voc Rehab has written and her response is.. send it to me.

It sounds like the Voc Rehab want's me to indicate that "I no longer wish to continue the program" which in my eyes in going to ICE me and put a black eye against my claim.

ON a side not , it is far from what i want to do it is a matter of what i can't do due to medical reasons, which originally my councilor stated she would write a letter about.. funny how the story changes.. i just need to find a whole here...

• HadIt.com Elder

I was asked to sign a letter that I understood my training could cause my 100% rating to be changed. I told them no way and later in IL I got some goodies. It was not eay but if there is one thing I am stubborn. Be careful about Voc Rehab in my opinion they are sneaky and not to be trusted.

Ugh.. Voc Rehab is delaying and resilient with there proposed by counter changed offer to write a supporting letter as my prev councilors email to me suggests..

We are unable to speak on your unemployability. However, what we can reassess is your feasibility to achieve a vocational goal. Apart of the reassessment is exploring the IL option and/or a functional limitation capacity. Would you be interested in either?

I never had Voc Rehab write a letter for me. I just pulled up my blue button and looked for the discharge remark in the records, I downloaded that section and then uploaded to ebennies under the Other DOCUMENTS SECTION. I think that helped me alot. Sometimes you just got to take the ball into your own hands. If you were taken out then their has to be a comment in the blue button records.