VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dental Eligibility For 0% Means Dental From Va

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

The loss of teeth by themselves are not ratable since they are not truly disabling and are easily replaced by false teeth. Teeth also cannot be rated if they are lost from naturally occurring diseases related to ageing. They must be lost as a result of injury, accident, or diseases such as osteomyelitis.

If the loss of teeth is caused by part of either the maxilla or mandible missing, then it can either be rated under the following code or under the codes for the missing maxilla or mandible, whichever code provides the higher rating. If not enough of the mandible or maxilla is missing to qualify for a rating under their codes, then the condition is simply rated here. The condition cannot be rated twice, once for the maxilla or mandible and once for the teeth. Only one or the other.mouth%206.png

Code 9913: Regardless of how many teeth are missing, if they can be replaced by a prosthesis or false teeth, then it is rated 0%. If, however, they cannot be replaced, they are rated as follows:

All teeth missing is rated 40%. The loss of all the upper teeth or all the lower teeth is rated 30%. If all the upper and lower posterior teeth or all the upper and lower anterior teeth are missing, it is rated 20%. If only all the upper anterior teeth or all the lower anterior teeth are missing, it is rated 10%. If all the upper and lower teeth on one side are missing, then it is also rated 10%.

After reading the above I think I am going to be 0% S/C for my Mouth Condition claim secondary to my Anorexia Nervosa. I sure hope so b/c I just found out that if I am even 0% S/C for dental I am eligible for dental at my local VA.

I found this:

Dental Benefits for Veterans Dental benefits are provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) according to law. In some instances, VA is authorized to provide extensive dental care, while in other cases treatment may be limited. This Fact Sheet describes dental eligibility criteria and contains information to assist Veterans in understanding their eligibility for VA dental care. Outpatient Dental Program The eligibility for outpatient dental care is not the same as for most other VA medical benefits and is categorized into classes. If you are eligible for VA dental care under Class I, IIA, IIC, or IV you are eligible for any necessary dental care to maintain or restore oral health and masticatory function, including repeat care. Other classes have time and/or service limitations.

Have a service-connected compensable dental disability or condition. Any needed dental care Class I (This would be me if I get the above 0%)

Are a former prisoner of war. Any needed dental care. Class IIC

Have service-connected disabilities rated 100% disabling, or are unemployable and paid at the 100% rate due to serviceconnected conditions. Any needed dental care. [Please note: Veterans paid at the 100% rate based on a temporary rating, such as extended hospitalization for a serviceconnected disability, convalescence or pre-stabilization are not eligible for comprehensive outpatient dental services based on this temporary rating]. Class IV

Apply for dental care within 180 days of discharge or release (under conditions other than dishonorable) from a period of active duty of 90 days or more during the Persian Gulf War era. One-time dental care if your DD214 certificate of discharge does not indicate that a complete dental examination and all appropriate dental treatment had been rendered prior to discharge.* Class II

Come on 0% S/C for my teeth!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh okay Pete992

I'm not sure if Navy4 life is in are been in VA VocRehab?

I use to be in it and also the& Dept program that gets you things you need to help you get through life  little better or help you  out better I can't think of the name  but I'm not in it anymore,

I got a telephone that rings  and a red light goes off and has amplified sound and a system for the TV Headphone set up..some veterans gets computers and such.

I can't think of the name of it but its pretty darn good program to be in , I think  hadit elder Alex aka Asknod is in it and he is getting a greenhouse Set up.

if it helps the veteran cope with his SC DISABILITY then that's a great thing the VA has for us veterans

Thanks

Buck;

No I am not in VA Voc-Rehab....

19 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Dental care to treat the oral conditions that are determined by a VA dental professional to have a direct and material detrimental effect to your service connected medical condition.

^^The problem with that, is you can't even get to the VA Dental.  I had TWO consults (Primary & MH doctor's) and I was denied due to the fact that I was not s/c for dental.  After getting denied for s/c secondary to eating disorder I was a bit disappointed but didn't fight it.  I am growing tired of fighting the VA to be honest.  I sure hope this upcoming DRO review hearing results are favorable and I can move on with life.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Navy4 I certainly understand ,  fighting with the VA can be  very stressing at times but well worth the Agony when you defeat them at there own game. 

I'm always on edge about them reducing me & to be honest most veterans think about it a lot... although I give them no reason to but they do veterans just out of the blue at times for any ridiculous reason given to them.

I personally think that when a veteran wins his/her claim  they should leave that veteran alone and let them live out there life as they see it.

I felt like a many of times to tell the VA to shove it, but until me you or any other veteran wins the damn lottery  or come into a  large windfall   were all stuck having to kiss there Asperolo.

I wish you the best with a Favorable DRO Decision soon with all that your satisfied with.

jmo

.....................Buck