VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Please!

Rate this question

ermie8

Question

I just received a decision that I have been denied benifits because I missed the C&P exam that I did not know I was scheduled for. I last checked my appointments calander May 31, 2015 and there was no appointment listed. I looked today after I received the denial and it is listed for June 9, 2015! I had no idea about this appointment, now what do I do? Any help is appriciated, as I have been waiting well over a year to get this appointment and exam. Thank you in advance, Jeremy.

Edited by ermie8

I think you are going to have to file a NOD(Notice of Disagreement). Hopefully you can contact them and get a new C&P without dragging this out. I fear this will be dragged out much longer for you. Does the VARO have your current address & Phone Number on File? I totally believe you when you said it wasnt there. Odd they didnt mail or call. I am just trying to chime in. I know this would beyond frustrating for me, so I can only imagine how you are taking it. I admit, I don't know a ton on missing appts, especially C&Ps, some others will chime in and get you locked in the right directon.

I have always received notices in the mail for all of my appoinments there, so I am unsure how the only one that is this important would not reach me. I have lived at the same address since I began this with the VA. I feel like I am about to explode from the inside out!

Sorry bud, wish you the best, and agree with advice given above. Just looks like the Journey will get quite a bit longer. God Bless

Relax, but unfortunate.

1. Would this be a CUE (VA failure to notify claimant).

2. File a NOD and make sure medical information is exact.

a. In service incident, current disability, and nexus (IMO/IME).

I would file an IRIS complaint if I were you.

You are not the first vet they have pulled this on.

Or contact the director of the RO or

email the Under Secretary Ms. Hickey.

allison.hickey@va.gov