VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review Processing Time

Rate this question

bluevet

Question

I've been searching for any information on the time it is currently taking for a DRO review in the Los Angeles regional office. If anyone has had a DRO review completed lately in the L.A. office, can you please let me know how long it took from the time you requested DRO review. My problem is that I requested DRO review with my NOD, however this wasn't recognized until I reached someone at the R.O. 10 months later. They then acknowledged my election of the DRO process and sent me the DRO process letter. I am stuck wondering if this is going to cause me a 10 month further delay.

Thanks

Edited by bluevet

What you are looking for may be even more rare than a three-headed space monkey. I have been trying to find useful timelines since before I started the claims process and their just does not seem to be any rhyme or reason whatsoever. I am guessing that is why nobody responded. Wish I could give you a better answer, but I didn't want you to feel ignored. Good luck and I hope you get a "swift" (very loosely used) conclusion.

I've been in it a couple of years, and still waiting. Finally, received a call for C&P's after I submitted more evidence that apparently made somebody wake up. I wish you good luck though, and hope they do move on your case soon. Also, I think I did see a three-headed space monkey once....just once though.

Mark

Bluevet, I am not aware of a DRO review process letter. Sounds like another form letter. They should have acknowledged your NOD and request for DRO review, not a letter explaining the process. I have appeal for DRO review since 7 Oct. 2013, so depends on your RO caseload. In my case, St. PETERSBURG VARO only has 20 people assigned to the DRO team, and thousands of claims on appeal. Good Luck. Contact the RO again and ask where you are in review que, if they will tell you.

Yeah I waited three years total to get my claims adjudicated. Vietnam Vets got shafted for years and they have fought like hell for themselves and they are fighting for Gulf War vets 1 and 2 . Still the VA screws us Gulf I and OIF OEF guys plus it seems the VA is just overwhelmed with claims. Vietnam Vets have major health problems and they still wait 5 years it seems. My Dad got exposed to agent Orange. Waited 10 years to get a measly 10%. Finally six months before he died the RO sent the tidu letter. He was approved. Me three years. Vocational Rehab was quick. Not disability. VA health care rocks in California. I used to go to the LA VAMC and I've been to San Diego. The first claim I filed was in LA. And from all the vets I spoke with took a good while lots of vets in CA.

Bluevet, I am not aware of a DRO review process letter. Sounds like another form letter. They should have acknowledged your NOD and request for DRO review, not a letter explaining the process. I have appeal for DRO review since 7 Oct. 2013, so depends on your RO caseload. In my case, St. PETERSBURG VARO only has 20 people assigned to the DRO team, and thousands of claims on appeal. Good Luck. Contact the RO again and ask where you are in review que, if they will tell you.

The DRO Review Process letter is the standard letter the VA sends out once they have received a veterans election of the DRO process for his/her appeal. It states "This letter explains what happens next", then it "strongly suggest you send us any evidence you have within the next 30 days"

I've been in it a couple of years, and still waiting. Finally, received a call for C&P's after I submitted more evidence that apparently made somebody wake up. I wish you good luck though, and hope they do move on your case soon. Also, I think I did see a three-headed space monkey once....just once though.

Mark

Why would you just be getting a C&P appointment if your already in the Appeal process?