VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromyalgia Which I Am Rated 40% And After Finishing A Sleep Study It Was Determined I Have Cfs

Rate this question

freedomisntfree

Question

I have fibromyalgia which I am rated 40% and after finishing a sleep study it was determined I have CFS. I plan on filing for CFS but have issues with Migraines. I was denied migraines before because they were only listed on my post separation physical. Since then I have tried everything under the sun. From acupuncture, Botox and many different medications. All of which failed. How is it that people are stating they can be related to Fibromyalgia? Is there any medical evidence that supports this or any BVA's that granted service connection as secondary to Fibro.

3 answers to this question

I am sorry the meds and treatments don't work for you. I received occipital nerve blocks every 3 months for the last couple years and they worked ok for me, sometimes better or worse depending on exactly where they injected. The problem is that they only lasted about a month to 6 weeks and then you just have to deal with it and pop meds to try and contain it until you are 'eligible' for another injection. Also, there is the risk of steroid toxicity. So, in May, they shifted me to botox and it worked much better for me since it lasted longer. I just started having migraine headaches again this last week. Back to the pills until I can make another appointment with neuro for next month, bummer. If they haven't tried a nerve block on you, that may be something to explore. Also, since nothing seems to be working, please, please, please, push them for a CT scan of your brain. If something there is causing the issue, you want to know, ASAP!

Edited by TALON II FE