VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Question

Rate this question

mrueckert

Question

So on January 2 of this year i had a TKR, I was already disabled at 20% filed my claim on January 5 and till this day over 6 months later it has gone back to gathering of evidence 4 times. I have called the 1-800 number they were no help, called the DAV and they have been no help either even though there the ones handling my claim. I am at my witts end with this crap and i finding there is nothing i can do does anyone know anything that i could do that has been through this process. The other thing that pisses me off is my knee is still messed up and all the VA surgeon keeps telling is the your doing all the right things and i have heard that even after a year it will still heal. I mean i have a range of motion at 108 degrees that it still have swelling and lots of pain, and physical therapy released me all of this was done at the VA. I have also learned that my surgeon report was sent to another DR to get his opinion on if my knee replacement has anything to do with my currenet dissability and what i have read so far is he is saying no. I really think i am going to get screwed here and not sure what my next course of action should be. I have know idea what to do could use some help or some answers i would really appreciate it.

4 answers to this question

What is the current 20% for?

"I have also learned that my surgeon report was sent to another DR to get his opinion on if my knee replacement has anything to do with my currenet dissability and what i have read so far is he is saying no"

Were these VA doctors? to include the surgeon?

It can certainly take quite some time for TKRs to heal. Just yesterday a woman at my church said her TKR this past winter still had an odd affect to her mobility but then she said she also has to loose some weight.Maybe that would help her.

However, if the VA made you worse than you were prior to the surgery (if VA did the surgery)

you will need an independent medical opinion as to whether the surgery was botched up and then you could file a Section 1151 claim.

Also that IMO could cover the issue of if this TKR has any medical association or affect on the current disability you have now.

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, but 6 months is not that long compared to what the average is. This process is driving you crazy, as most, but you just have to wait it out. I have had 2 knee surgeries on R Knee and I have been waiting since Oct 13 to have surgery on L Knee and R Shoulder, and I am 100% and supposed to be Priority 1 Group, so what does that tell you. The VA is the VA, that's all. Good luck and God Bless!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Personally I never cared for that priority group stuff!!!

I think all VETERANS should be treated equally & severity of there disability.

If I know there a veteran that needs medical care more than me...I hope they are treated first.

.....jmo

..................Buck