VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chim In Please

Rate this question

harrysday

Question

I am a gulf war1 vet @80% I had a heart attack 2008 2 stents place in my heart I am not rated for my heart or hypertension I was reading that cardiovascular disease falls under the gulf war presumptions has anybody on here got rater for that thanks ahead and God bless us all

no Berta iam70%ptsd10%left knee10%right knee 10%left shoulder my va pcp said I should put in a claim for the ihd and hbp so confusing

I am again getting confusing by who I am replying too......

This is for the Gulf War vet but I think it is also for the other vet who sweats a lot....

This BVA case refers to the amendent to 38 CFR 3.317

"Effective July 13, 2010, VA has amended its adjudication regulations governing presumptions for certain Persian Gulf War Veterans. Such revisions amend 38 C.F.R. § 3.317(a)(2)(i)(B) to clarify that CFS, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome are examples of medically unexplained chronic multisymptom illnesses and are not an exclusive list of such illnesses. Additionally, the amendment removes 38 C.F.R. § 3.317(a)(2)(i)(B)(4) which reserves to the Secretary the authority to determine whether additional illnesses are "medically unexplained chronic multisymptom illnesses" as defined in subsection 38 C.F.R. § 3.317(a)(2)(ii) so that VA adjudicators will have the authority to determine on a case-by-case basis whether additional diseases meet the criteria of 38 C.F.R. § 3.317(a)(2)(ii). These amendments are applicable to claims pending before VA on October 17, 2010, as well as claims filed with or remanded to VA after that date. See 75 Fed. Reg. 61,997 (October 7, 2010)."

One of this GW veteran's claims was"
"1. Entitlement to service connection for a heart disorder to include atherosclerotic heart disease, arteriosclerosis, coronary artery disease, heart implant, and heart murmur to include as due to an undiagnosed illness."

In part the denial states:
"Based upon a review of all the lay and medical evidence, the Board finds the weight of the competent and credible evidence shows that the current heart disorders did not manifest in service or to a compensable degree within one year of service separation and is not otherwise related to active service. The Board finds the weight of the competent and credible evidence shows that the Veteran did not have chronic symptoms of a heart disorder in service or continuous symptoms after service and the heart disorder first manifested in 2004, almost 12 years after service separation. "

They are applying the same 10% and one year criteria to "undiagnosed illness, in this case his heart disease, that they use for other GW presumptives. and denied on that basis.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp13/Files3/1331563.txt

Excessive sweating---do you have any thyroid disease?

Some medications can cause this condition:

http://www.sweathelp.org/pdf/Diaphoretic_Class.pdf

The condition is called both diaphoresis and hyperhidrosis.

This vet at the BVA claimed higher rating than 10% for Hyperhidrosis of the Feet with Dyshidrotic Dermatitis.

It is a ratable condition and there are many other BVA claims for this condition at the BVA web site:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files2/1509267.txt

Just to add, it pays to underastand ALL of your medical records.

Diaphoresis..... my husband who had collapsed on his VAMC job, was rushed to their ER and told to take 3 days off due to a severe sinus infection,and then was prescribed Sudafed 4 times a days for 6 years by the VA.

When he suddenly dropped dead due to a major heart attack, 6 years later , I got his VA medical records and the ER certificate had many acronyms and other entrees ,all very difficult to read.
Especially the word "diaphoretic".

Long story but this was the first piece of evidence for my successful FTCA case..the ER certificate .Wrongul death.

In someone with no history of heavy sweating (which is usually not serious and can be due to many causes),
this episode of sudden diaphoresis,soaking his VA uniform immediately and causing other employees to look at him in shock before he collapsed,
was the first evidence of a heart attack, that caused his collapse , that VA misdiagnosed as a sinus infection and, in spite of an abnormal EKG,the same day, VA failed to follow through on the important acronyms on the ER certificate.

I will no longer reply to hijacked posts.

harrysday,

I will be putting in a claim for heart disease shortly. I was unaware that heart disease and high blood pressure where two different things when it comes to VA compensation.

I filed for high blood pressure and won, but 0% controled by medicine.

At that time, I had an enlarged heart by x-ray, borderline ECG, otherwise normal ECG, and symptoms to include, lack of energy, severe instant sweating upon exertion and dizzyness upon standing.

So now I file for heart disease as see what happens. I have been researching old VA cases and see that you (I) will need a nexus from a doctor to make the link even though it is there, especially with the x-ray evidence.

Good luck,

Hamslice