VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congress Considering Age Limit On Iu Awards

Rate this question

gs106

Question

If enacted, this will, at least in the immediate future, effect Vietnam veterans more than any other group.

Vet Groups Warn Hill Not to Act on Aging of ‘IU’ Claimants

Read more: http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2015/07/vet-groups-warn-hill-not-to-act-on-aging-of-iu-claimants/#ixzz3gWt9LjRX
MilitaryAdvantage.Military.com

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Trying to assume that age 65 is when everyone automatically leaves the workforce makes no sense. Social Security lets people choose to delay receipt of benefits until they turn 72 to receive larger payments. I know people in thier late 70's who still work full time. Even my own father is over 65 and continues to work full time and has no desire to leave work as long as he is physically able. The folks on IU may well have intended to remain employed for as long as possible, but the reason they are on IU is definitely not their fault. Blanket assumptions on policy like this indeed will due harm.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well whats happening is someone higher up in congress is on someones butt and that someone don't won't to lose his 6 figure income and they can't think of some of the needless government programs to cut so they cut throat the veterans, this will never pass in my opinion, its age discrimination.

AND as for as enhancing the voc-rehab program there already doing that most veterans has tried voc-rehab..so..if a veteran can't work due to SC Disability.

Then leave him/her alone and let them live the rest of there life in peace.

Why did the VA put IU in place? to help the veterans that couldn't work because of there SC Disability's.

It's obvious that when someone is disable enough he/she can't work even if the disability is rated under the 100% not much difference mentally or physical difference in 80% 90% 100% if the veteran can't work because of his/her disability's then leave them the hell alone.

it was congress who enacted the IU regulations and now they want to change there mind because some ass wants to become a hero and lower the VA Budget that's BS.

If this proposal to wac out IU for older veterans or the Vietnam Veterans That is discrimination also....and it don't make a lick of sense because most Vietnam veterans and AO veterans are in the age group of 60 at least so think about it when your age 30 or so and on IU think about the long term payout with IU vs the veterans that were in Vietnam years earlier the pay out would be much less because of there already age.

I loved it when I read that in 2013 400 plus veterans age 90 received IU for the first time , way to go my fellow veterans.

Just my opinion.

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the idiots in congress just thinks about there high paying salaries and don't think about the bad effects this could cause 100 thousands of veterans as to the hardship it would obviously cause.eh!

Good points, Buck.The vets over 90 receiving IU is quite an accomplishment.

Well, one thing we can count on is the fact that pro-veteran groups like VFW, VVA, DAV, and others will rise up and exert their influence if this looks like it might get implemented. The government has plenty of places to cut money. Sometimes the government just needs to be reminded where they should vs. shoul not be looking.

if you read the last 2 paragraphs of the story, a VA official is quoted as saying those already receiving IU would be grandfathered in if the current schedule requirements changed.

Sounds like a warning to get it before it's gone...