VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Enlarged Aortic Root Ihd?

Rate this question

SprayedandBetrayed

Question

Hello Everyone. Today we will be going to speak to my Father's SO. I have been busy getting together all of his paperwork.

We filed the Parkinsons Claim June 22,2015. We are 1 month out and its still not showing up in the EBenefits page. So I am going to bring that up. We have a copy stamped that they received it as I had personally Delivered it. What happens if they say they dont have it in their system. But I have that stamped copy?

We are also filing for all of his medical records.

Since my last post my Father has been having some issues where we needed to get into the Private Cardio. I cant get the DBQ until Friday. Which is past our appointment today. But I am asking them to file the IHD and bring in the evidence once I have it most likely on Monday.

He had Shortness of Breath and also Severe Swelling of the lower Extremities. The Dr did an Echo, EKG and labs. He has stents already. They found that he has an Enlarged Aortic Root. They are watching it because of all of his other Medical Conditions from the AO. They want to watch it. Has anyone had experience with this. When I look up Enlarged Aortic Root and AO exposure I come up dry. Not like the other conditions.

Also his Neuropathy has gotten much worse. We will be submitting that DBQ today as well.

Here is my original post.

Berta I have been busy collecting all of his medical records. I want to see what the SO says today. Then see how to proceed. I talked to his private Neurologist about getting a IME he said its very costly. So I am going to see what happens. I had found page after page of stuff in his medical records which I have. So I am just waiting to see how to proceed. Especially after collecting everything. We have had a very rough last couple of weeks. Worrying about his health, and Dr appts, tests,

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is the neurologist's notion of "costly"? It is much more costly to wait years and have a claim denied than to have a good IME/IMO and win first time at the VARO. If your dad has to appeal he may not be alive by the time he wins the claim. Claims going to the BVA take 2-3 years after they get to that point. You want to win this claim at the VARO level.

John

The ECHO can reveal whether he has ischemic heart disease or not.

The stents certainly seem to be due to that fact.Unless you mean they put in an aortic stent????

IThere is a lot to the older post link.....I have not had time to carefully read it but others will)
I spent time looking up causes for aortic enlargement but found nothing associated with IHD except for one claim on that basis mentioned at VBN vet's site and there was no result of that claim made for IHD and the aortic enlargement.

I found nothing at the BVA on a search there either.

This is a separate cardio issue from IHD .

Also I have the complete Braunwald cardiology book and VA used Harrison's Principles to include Braunwald for their IHD regulations.

This is an enormous text but so far I have not found any association between IHD and any aortic enlargement.

I wonder if this could be related to diabetes, but have not found anything on that yet either.

I think I even mentioned a possible 1151 or FTCA issue in your past post....but am pressed for time to read it....because I wanted to research, as you did, anything the internet or other texts could provide....

I feel no VA C & P doctor would be able to make any association of the aortic problem to the IHD.

I found nothing medically on the net to even rebutt a negative C & P exam on that basis.

These types of claims really need IMOs.

Edited by Berta

Sorry , Yes , you clearly said in the past post that the stent was due to IHD.

Did your father have any infection in service that might fall under the infections listed in this article?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1861150/

It is quite possible veterans in Vietnam ,who did get bacterial infections, might have the symptoms and problem noted in their SMRs yet never got the proper antibiotics for it at that time.