VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Expedited Claim Submitted

Rate this question

green

Question

I wanted to thank all those who helped and provided advice and guidance for my expedited claim. I started the online claim the beginning of December and finally got all my ducks in a row last night. I submitted what I think is a well-documented claim for 5 secondary conditions. I submitted a letter of introduction covering the facts, my wife created and I submitted her letter of fact/support of my claims. For each of the 5 claims I created a separate PDF consisting of a cover sheet (with a detailed statement of the facts) and supporting documentation including chart notes and test results.

It feels nice to have this submitted and now I am hoping to be able to think of other things while my claims work through the process.

I currently have a 60% rating for Diabetes and my medical discharge was over 32 years ago.

I'll keep you posted on the progress/happenings.

Green

I submitted my claim on July 22nd, yesterday I received a letter from the VA basically explaining that they received my claim for secondary conditions but are really busy and it will most likely take them a long time for them to review my claims (form letter I'm guessing). I'm currently living in AZ but the letter came from Montana (lived there 4 years ago and it is apparently the location of my C-File). I'm guessing this is nothing strange or unusual.

Green

Okay, my fully developed claim for 5 secondary conditions was submitted on July 22nd, I know I can't really count on e benefits for accuracy but thought you would all find this interesting. Today e benefits is saying "preparation for decision" with an estimated completion date of 10/08/2015 - 11/14/2015.

Green

I think I just learned a lesson.

As I stated above I submitted an expedited claim for 5 secondary conditions.

Prior to submitting my claim for secondary conditions I contacted the VA to let them know that they had an incorrect effective date for my primary disability (they had it as 2008, was actually 1994).

I contacted the RO today and was told that the VA took the contact letter and other supporting documentation I provided, to show their dates were wrong, and added it to my expedited claim and stated it will be decided with my secondary conditions. My fear is that my expedited claim is now going to track along the normal "slow boat to China" route.

Edited by green

• HadIt.com Elder

''I contacted the RO today and was told that the VA took the contact letter and other supporting documentation I provided, to show their dates were wrong, and added it to my expedited claim and stated it will be decided with my secondary conditions''

Where did they take it? to who?

Maybe they just attach it to your contact letter & supporting evidence?

and sent it to the rater!

which is good the rater can make the correction and expedite your claim...shouldn't take long.

jmo

............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I hope you are right Buck. They sent the supporting primary disability effective date documentation to the rater who is working my secondary conditions in Montana.

Changes to EBenefits

• Status changed from Preparation for Decision to Gathering of Evidence
  • Estimated Completion Date changed from 10/08/2015 - 11/14/2015 to 02/15/2016 to 05/02/2016
  • Also says "Development Letter Sent" Anyone know what this means?

This is New:

• What do we still need from others: (guessing C&P Exam/s?)
    • Item: Phoenix, AZ
    • Date Requested: 08/06/2015
    • Date Due: 09/12/2015
    • Follow-up Date: