VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Illness C&p Exam Question?

Rate this question

lmorris08

Question

I recently under went a Gulf War Illness C & P Exam. I filed the claim based on the impressions that a VA Examiner found on a Gulf War Registry Examination. The impressions were:

1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Condition currently diagnosed treated by private doctor.

2. Cervical Degenerative Disk Disease with radiculopathy

3. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

4. Sacroilac Pain/lower back

Medical evidence was submitted with the claim ie. MRI demonstrating herniated disc at C5-C6.

In addition the C6-C7 levels are fairly degenerated with mild to moderate bilateral narrowing, noted by Neurosurgeon.

My question is if the if the C and P Examiner writes such comments as this under diagnosis what is the likelihood of a favorable rating...I ask because I have the diagnosis and treatment.

"Cervical spondylosis with myelopathy (Icd9 code: 721.1) claimed as Cercical degenerative disk disease with radiculopathy. Veteran has a claimed disability pattern related to (neck pain in bilateral upper extremities that meets the criteria for a disease with a clear and specific etiology and diagnosis. Not caused by service or related to GW environmental exposure. Not caused by service or service connected conditions. As per medical literature, condition is the inevitable result of aging regardless of race, professional background, military service or history of trauma."

This claimed was based on diagnosis, MRIs and treatment by pain management. These conditions were claimed on a presumptive basis.

Your comments and input is appreciated...

Edited by lmorris08

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question