VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Smc L1/2 Rating Instead Of T

Rate this question

crazyhorse3022

Question

Va recently awarded me smc at L rate for ptsd, tbi and residuals. They put me at 100 %ptsd, still at 10%tbi, 30%migraines,30%scalp fragment wound, 10%painful scar. They stated I needed to be 100% for tbi which is not true. All my shit is tbi and ptsd. Anyway any advice. I mite have to put them on blast.

• HadIt.com Elder

From what you have said plan to Appeal and decide what route you want to go. If it was me I would ask for a Hearing but some here thinks that takes to long. Just my opinion.

If you fully fulfill the SMC T award criteria, in the Purple Heart link in this hadit post:

You can appeal the decision and if this is a recent decision you might be able to get them to call a CUE on the decision and that might go faster that a traditional NOD appeal.

Might...it does not stop the one year NOD deadline.

That type of CUE is explained in our CUE forum but I suggest your carefully read over the SMC T criteria, and that is the criteria you need to prove you fulfill, to get them to either CUE themselves or eventually award under a NOD.

Can you scan and attach ( cover name, address, C File number first) the decision here?

Edited by Berta

I second Berta's sentiments. Scratch and attach. We're gonna have a hard time decyphering this one based on the incoming.