VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Non Service Connected Parkinson's Rateing A Cue

Rate this question

yogi995

Question

I managed to get a copy of a Veterans Evaluation Services C&P exam, It diagnosed me with Parkinson's & said it was not service connected. I am agent orange exposed, Isn't Parkinson's a presumed disease associated with Agent Orange exposier. Later I got a copy if my C File, It said the same thing. See attatched file.CUE pdf.pdf

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Did you formally claim the Parkinson's when the new Nehmer 2010 decision came out?

Did you get a formal denial of the claim?

Is that pdf from a 2010 C & P exam?

What specific condition was the exam for?

What is the break down of the 40%

The PDF is from medical record  progress notes.  When I filed on Parkinson's I was told It wouldn't take as long for it to go through as other claims. When I didn't hear from it  after several calls to the RO i found that it had been combined with  my other claims on appeal

Huh? How can Parkinsons be combined.....

Do you have a vet rep?

Did you get a formal denial of the Parkinsons claim?

About the time I filed on Parkinson's it was in the news about how far the VA was behind on claims pending so my thinking is they put it in appeal to make it look on paper like it was no longer pending.  Yes I do have a rep. Also have  a congressman checking on my status. I keep being told once it gets to appeal it just takes time (400+ days). I also been trying to get results of other C&P exams.  I was told they could be in my CPRS file.  Couldn't find anything on the VS site.  From what I can find it's a system the non VA DRs use to file their reports to the VA. . The C&Ps were done by VETERANS EVALUATION SERVICES

Are you being treated specifically for the Parkinson's?

"so my thinking is they put it in appeal to make it look on paper like it was no longer pending. "

VA pulled some BS like that on me....

"When I didn't hear from it  after several calls to the RO i found that it had been combined with  my other claims on appeal."

So it has not been denied.......the problem with the non VA C & Ps is that a vet xcannot obtain a copy of those results until a decision is made by the RO. I cannot imagine why vets have not raised a big ruckus over this ,since VA started using  non VA docs from QTC etc, after Principi was the Sec.

It prevents a veteran from sending to the RO anything that could combat a negative C & P , prior to any denial...and an IMO doctor

needs a copy of the C & P to properly assess what it lacks, and then prepare a strong IMO.

One more way the ROs have caused the backlog and have victimized veterans

Gee I could not open the pdf....thought I did when you posted it....?

Do you already have a NSC rating for the Parkinson's, and as I asked , treatment records specifically for it?

Have you contacted the NVLSP email addy that I posted here for Nehmer claims in 2010.....I think they still respond to emails at that addy.

Their sole purpose on their review of Nehmer awards was to determine if the veteran got the proper EED.

It might be best to wait for the decision but they would want to review it.

I asked about the treatment records because my AO IHD Nehmer claim could have been  problematic in many ways. The veteran had never been diagnosed with IHD nor treated for it. It was part of my FTCA wrongful death case.

I proved he had IHD from Vietnam as well as from VA health care when I filed the AO IHD claim in 2010.

I wonder if this is your situation....as sometimes Parkinson's is diagnosed as something else, incorrectly.

The EED VA gave me was not what I expected. My evidence supported a EED 2 months prior to the EED they gave me, for a 6 years period but the EED came from a small notation in a C & P exam for PTSD, an exam result I have never seen.

Nehmer failed to rate under both SC and 1151 for the IHD...but ,that is another battle...my point here is  ,do your VA medical records reveal a documented diagnosis for the Parkinsons. and subsequent treatment records?

I dont understand how they put that claim on appeal without denial.....what are the other claims for?

Are you able to work with the Parkinsons and the 40% you have now?

Edited by Berta