VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Within A Reasonable Degree Medical Certainty

Rate this question

Jay

Question

When a Psychiatrist says "Within a reasonable degree medical certainty" are they saying 50/50 or are they saying more likey a 100%. How is it taken by VA. When read it appears like strong language. My IME had this in the doctors final words and I don't know exactly know what to make of it. From what I've read it seems to be in a grey area. Does anyone have some experience in this area? Thanks

The Va cannot handle words with too many syllables.

"at least as likely as not" will do

or " More than Likely": with a full medical rationale is better.

If an IMO/IME does not conform to the IMO criteria here in the IMO forum, VA does not take the time to understand it.

I know what the doc means and so do you but they are used to certain key words and these IMOs are too expensive to take chances without using the proper verbiage.

Boy do I know that all too well. My pulmonary M.D. wrote a letter but even as I asked him he insisted on sending out the letter in his own format. The VA just blew it away saying that it was old evidence and could not be considered. I have used this doctor since 1993 upon my active duty return from Saudi Arabia. Five months later I failed a county PFT exam for the fire department. 

Edited by davidlj1958

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use