VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AGENT ORANGE

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

Probably not unless he has proof that the prostate problems occurred on active duty. He should keep an eye on his PSA levels. I was diagnosed with PC and my PSA was a 2.8. If his PSA goes up a half a point in a six month period he should have a biopsy done.

Prostate problems for AO are presumptive. There is no need to show direct causation or evidence of it in the STRs. The earlier you put down your marker, the sooner you get a rating-even if it's just a 0% for the moment. That's often half the battle. 

7527Prostate gland injuries, infections, hypertrophy, postoperative residuals: 

Rate as voiding dysfunction or urinary tract infection, whichever is predominant.

• HadIt.com Elder

Asknod

You say all prostate problems are presumptive for AO?   I thought it was just cancer.  I got such poor treatment for the infections I had a low grade urinary tract infection  for months.  I also had diarrhea all the time.   The little pills were my constant companions.   What is the difference between dysentery and severe diarrhea with it coming out both ends to where you cannot get out of your rack except to puke or #2.     My SMR's just show one bout after another for my whole tour.   I was so run down that as soon as I got back to the states I got some lung infection and was out for almost a month in an Army hospital.  Records missing, of course.

John, I too feel the AO regs cover only prostate cancer and not other forms of prostate problems.

I checked at BVA but could not find anything to the contrary there.

This is a good claim:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files2/1517997.txt

The vet, a Korean War vet with DMZ proximity service, in the timeline in the AO Korea regs, available here ,

was granted 3 AO conditions, to include Prostate cancer by the BVA.

This Crap gets me SO angry.  Korean War,  thus a very elderly vet , proven AO exposure in Korea, and the f---ing ROs cannot read and properly apply the Korea AO regs to him????

For all the countless great VA employees who DO work hard every day, under VBA or VHA, they also work side by side with incompetent idiots and this is how the ROs have caused the backlog.

I stand corrected. I'll check Westlaw for cites. I believe it is, or can be, the predicate, especially if cancer develops down the road. Better to be safe than sorry. AO claims are payable to the day you filed regardless of outcome (win or loss) at the time. I'm fond of the 12 ga. technique on AO. You stand a good chance of hitting something.  Remember all the Vets who filed for DM2 (and those who didn't). When VA changed the rules in 2001, any who had filed previously were awarded a date commensurate with it and paid retro comp. Don't be afraid to climb out of the CFR box and blaze a new trail.

• HadIt.com Elder

What about the veterans that are registered with the AO Registry ? does the EED go by that date? in-case something comes up on the veteran years later...like Prostate Cancer?

OR should he go ahead file a AO Claim  win or lose?  just to get in the books  so to speak!

...................Buck