VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your age and TDIU

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Ok, I pretty much got SSDI understood regards age, etc. but, 

If one has a service connected disability(s) that prevents them from doing thier current job or what he did before for his entire life and of course is not working,  What ages are considered, if any.

Is age 20?

Is age 50?

And how about 55?  Me, next year.

Really not for me because I currently dont meet the requirements and I am employed.  However, may be unqualified for work in a year or too because of a couple different medical maledies.  Just looking for examples were age mattered.

Thanks,

Hamslice

I am 68 and retired per social Security. I plant to apply for TDIU when my PTSD claim is approved in November 2015. What barriers might I encounter with the VA?

Peter, technically you already have a claim in for IU, you just don't know it. If awarded 70% for PTSD, there should also be a statement regarding an "inferred IU Claim Deferral," included. You would then need to submit all the IU Evidence that you have, along with an official IU Claim. Sooner, rather than later.

Where did you get the 11/2015 date for PTSD Approval from?  Have you compared your PTSD C & P DBQ with the 38 CFR 4 rating schedule? What do you think your award % will be?

Even if you get the "Inferred IU" statement, you still have to file the claim, why wait, get it filed on-line now. Complete the VA yearly employment & income statement and scan it along with whatever other IU Evidence you have, to your IU Application.

Semper Fi

I am 68 and retired per social Security. I plant to apply for TDIU when my PTSD claim is approved in November 2015. What barriers might I encounter with the VA?

if congress changes the IU requirements and you resort back to your real percentage once you reach 100 percent social security age (65 to 67 depending on month and year born).

Peter, technically you already have a claim in for IU, you just don't know it. If awarded 70% for PTSD, there should also be a statement regarding an "inferred IU Claim Deferral," included. You would then need to submit all the IU Evidence that you have, along with an official IU Claim. Sooner, rather than later.

Where did you get the 11/2015 date for PTSD Approval from?  Have you compared your PTSD C & P DBQ with the 38 CFR 4 rating schedule? What do you think your award % will be?

Even if you get the "Inferred IU" statement, you still have to file the claim, why wait, get it filed on-line now. Complete the VA yearly employment & income statement and scan it along with whatever other IU Evidence you have, to your IU Application.

Semper Fi

i got an infered iu status when awarded service connection for depression because of a comment written by the psych doc who did my comp and pen. in their report, the va stated they would automatically begin working on iu. maybe, a month after that, regional called asking if i wanted to go ahead and subit the claim. three months later i had iu.

Ice:  Thar she Blows! Sometimes the VA raters get it right.

Did you get the T & P and "no future Exam?" What was your MH SC % rating?

Semper Fi

yes i got t&p with no future exams. my depression rating was 30 percent. but the psych who did my exam noted my depression and anxiety would not allow me to do even a sedentary job (i get totally freaked out in crowds) so hence, the inferred IU!!  :-)