VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"RVSR for opinion exam"

Rate this question

OEF 21B

Question

Does anyone know what "RVSR for opinion exam" mean?

Filed for Sleep Apnea to include due to Aggravavation by PTSD (secondary) on 7/28/15.  Filed for PTSD (Increase) on 8/17/15.  E-benefits showed two separate claims until yesterday afternoon.  There was a note under the PTSD increase requesting me to submit additional documents or a DBQ.

When I checked E-benefits yesterday afternoon, both claims were combined and the request for additional documents or a DBQ were no longer on the combined claims.  The note below the combined claim now says "RVSR for opinion exam".

I provided a DBQ form AND a nexus letter from my civilian board certified doctor and my PTSD increase indicated ten (10) VA mental health treatment notes that specifically noted my increased symptoms.  I'm guessing that the note means that they are considering scheduling me for a C&P for either Sleep Apnea, or PTSD, or both... but wanted to see if anyone here has seen this same note.

Thanks!

OEF 21B

Sorry - having issues uploading the PDF files...  I have the sleep apnea DBQ & Nexus Letter on another thread in the General Questions section.  I'll try to upload the files again later.

Edited by OEF 21B

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Morning Sir

Just finished my VOC appointment....The lady stated the VA would have aletter very quickly and that I'll be very happy..I still have CP sent up for Nov 24th....I would like to write the VA and ask them why their putting me through this hell of another CP in less than a year....what do you think?

I guess this should actually go in the "Good News" section but I wanted to follow up on this original post:

Just got the news that my request for increase for PTSD was granted (50% to 70%), and my Sleep Apnea claim as secondary to PTSD was granted at 50%.

For the Sleep Apnea:

- No history of sleep issues while on active duty or in STRs

- VA Psych requested sleep study, Sleep Study completed by VA-Outsoursed Hospital, Diag. w/mod. Sleep Apnea and issued a VA CPAP in May 2013.

- My private Sleep/Pulminary Doc completed Sleep Apnea DBQ & wrote nexus letter stating "Based on my evaluation of the veteran, it is my opinion that it is at least as likely as not that Mr OEF21B's diagnosed OSA is aggravated by his service connected PTSD.  I also feel that it is at least as likely as not that Mr OEF21B's PTSD is aggravated by his OSA." (17 JUL 15)  Filed Sleep Apnea claim 28 JUL 15

- Sleep Apnea C&P in AUG 15 with the Veterans Evaluation Services (VES).  Brought copy of DBQ and Nexus Letter as well as some of the articles linking PTSD & SA.  I thought the C&P went well and the Dr. said that she would add the articles as well as my DBQ & Nexus letter to her final report.

IMHO, I believe that my private doc's completion of a DBQ as well as his Nexus letter was key in meeting the requirement for service connection secondary to PTSD.  I also believe that providing these along with the articles listed here in various places, and providing all of this to the C&P examiner helped.

Semper Fi