VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO finish 1 week before BVA hearing.

Rate this question

air1

Question

If I were you I would fax it to the BVA ombudsman if they have a fax number or attach it to an email to them , telling them of your hearing date and give them your Docket number and C file number.

It is always possible, if this is very probative to the claim, that BVA could postpone or even drop the hearing....but then again hard to know what they would do, since this is a last minute submission.

Make sure regardless of whether you can send it in to them prior to the hearing ,that they have a copy of it when you attend the hearing.(Is it a televised hearing? If so, you can hold it up to the TV screen to get it into the record and advise them that you also faxed it or attached it to the BVA ombudsman email addy.) Of course I would also send it by Air mail or Courier service if possible..to be sure I took every step to insure BVA had this evidence by time of the hearing.

I hope it is a probative IMO that followed the IMO criteria here at hadit and that if it is, It will hopefully garner you the award you want.

A vet I helped long ago was able to get a BVA hearing dropped completely because of additional evidence we uncovered at almost the last minute. We started gathering more evidence as soon as he got the hearing date.It was a considerable amount of work but it all paid off.

The BVA will accept evidence up to the minute they sign off on the claim,but still, if this could avoid a formal hearing that would be great! And less stress!

Good, I was on a Blog Radio show here with Brett quite some time ago and with Dr. Bash and John Dorle.

He seemed to me to be not only a good doctor regarding MH issues but was very supportive of veterans too.

We discussed how VA will not accept an IMO on initial PTSD diagnosis anymore but he is good at other MH diagnoses, and also in helping with higher MH ratings (which could include higher rating from established SC PTSD). Good Luck Air,  this is great.

Good, I was on a Blog Radio show here with Brett quite some time ago and with Dr. Bash and John Dorle.

He seemed to me to be not only a good doctor regarding MH issues but was very supportive of veterans too.

We discussed how VA will not accept an IMO on initial PTSD diagnosis anymore but he is good at other MH diagnoses, and also in helping with higher MH ratings (which could include higher rating from established SC PTSD). Good Luck Air,  this is great.

Dear Berta,

Greetings! I was about to use Brett's services. And since you are an Elder here, I was wondering if you could clarify a couple of things bothering me in a similar case.

May I ask what kind of record he has to date? 10, 20, 50, 60% success rate? And just how much money do you need for IMO's, MD's, and lawyers? With the average appeal taking years, it may be better hanging onto your money like a smart stock trader. This site has some really good information, except for lawyer cost and success rates with and without. It just says go for what you deserve (with an implied, "Nothing else matters."). VSO's are a joke, so a lawyer is needed and competent MD's and IMO's are needed. But maybe there is such little chance of success and the fees never end in an ongoing dual between the professionals and the VA at the Veteran's expense. The lawyers and professionals like making money, and the VA knows depleting the Veteran's finances is the surest way to rip them off for good and forever. I'm pretty sure Dr. Bash's legal rate is above the legal VA rates (even though he is a MD too.) And that may be fine. But it has the potential for fraud as well without responsible information about risks and costs: not just a disclosure that, "it may be risky" or "anything goes!" I have seen way too many Vet's begging in Walmart parking lots not to be concerned.

It just seems like a big gamble without some word about historical chances of success and average case costs grouped in whatever categories and/or ranges. Many here have had experiences of tapping out financially because they did not know what was expected up front and/or their probabilities of success/failure. Please forgive my assertiveness, but I've been screwed for over 30 years and I'm tired of it. And it's hard to budget on subjective praise without objective measures.

Kind Regards.

I have no idea of Dr Valette's success rate, but he would know.

IMO doctors cannot perform a miracle, they can only work with the evidence they have.

Not long ago a widow joined here and asked for some assurance that an IMO would make her 1151 DIC claim succeed

In many cases it is impossible to know ,here, all of the factors that the claim involved.

The two instances she stated that revealed negligence in the medical records ,in her opinion, could not possibly be interpreted

as a definite malpractice potential.

An IMO doctor however would take the time and have the expertise to understand the whole medical picture.

I know IMOs are expensive and I never would have gotten any IMOs if I did not believe my DMII AO DIC claim was rock solid.

(I had a vet rep when I first filed it and he said it didnt stand a chance. At first glance I admit it sure looked impossible but I had plenty of evidence and continued to collect evidence the entire time the claim took. )

Dr Bash's site has some of his successes listed. I dont know if mine is there...it might be.

Undiagnosed and untreated DMII from AO contributing to death. Not listed on the death certificate or autopsy.

DIC award 2009.

I did all the medical leg work I could possibly do before contacting Dr Bash and I feel that kept the IMO costs down.

I don't know what you mean by "fraud" regarding IMOs..... it is unethical for any doctor to commit fraud....that is ,any non VA doctor...

Medical evidence and an established nexus is what makes claims succeed.

Unfortunately, IM0s these days are often a veteran's only way to attain service connection.