VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

OVERALL FROM 90% TO 92% ???

Rate this question

fmfdoc

Question

I have a question and I hope to explain myself clearly enough. I just won an appeal for increase of PTSD from 50 to 70 with effective date of 2011. sounds like backpay.

so I was 90% percent before. does that make me 92% overall? I am trying for 100% and need to reach 95 so that 20 % bump might help... or does it? the second part of the appeal was my back and my back was "remanded" and hoping that is 30% or more... towards 100%

any feedback will be appreciated.

thanks,

Edited by fmfdoc

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The combined rating table is based on a steep curve. The closer you get to 100%, the steeper the requirements are to make it to the next 10% cutoff. Having a 70% rating for PTSD does bump you closer to the 100% goal.

I like steep curves and challenges. I'm going to ask my DAV about using the current 70% ( 20% jump)from the appeal with the future appeal rating of the remanded Back( assuming I get 30% or more for that).

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you have not already, look through your service medical records and see if you still have problems today from what happened back then. If your records are paper, look on both sides.

Also, consider any secondary conditions that could be from your primary conditions or the side effects of medication you take for your primary conditions.

If you have not already, look through your service medical records and see if you still have problems today from what happened back then. If your records are paper, look on both sides.

Also, consider any secondary conditions that could be from your primary conditions or the side effects of medication you take for your primary conditions.

thanks. I am working on some secondary conditions now that I have 30 % for GW related GI issues.