VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible A.O. Spray Plane?

Rate this question

Chuck75

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ran across this when doing some research on D-18 C-45 aircraft. Back in the 60's time frame, I almost went to work for a company that was heavily modifying  D-18s.

(longer nose tricycle gear, turboprop engines, new instrument panel, electronics, and interior). Some decades later, a part of the mod,. (to the wing spar), resulted in scrapping many D-18s

The mod eventually caused corrosion, and the cost of repair often exceeded the total cost of the aircraft.

"N5454V  was  operated  by ARPA’s  Combat Development  and  Test  Center  in  Thailand  as  a  sprayer  aircraft  for  “aerial  application  of
herbicides (Minutes  ExCom AAM  of  11  June  63,  in:  UTD/CIA/B3F4);  this  aircraft  was “disguised” as a private agricultural plane.

I wonder exactly what herbicides and where?

"Fate: sold  for  scrap  at  Tainan  on  10  December  74  (Summary  of  aircraft  sales,  in: UTD/CIA/B40F6); the cancellation “as scrapped” was requested on 19 December 74
(Letter   by   Clyde   S.   Carter   dated   19   December   74,   in:   UTD/CIA/B17F3);   the registration was canceled on 24 December 74 as scrapped."

And, it looked like there might be some relationship to Air America. Seems that they operated a heck of a lot of D-18s in and around Vietnam.

D18spray.jpg

Edited by Chuck75

I was recently awarded a disability from my time working on the C-123 in Panama. I was denied the first time but filed for re-evaluation and got a decision in less than 4 weeks.

The trick is to reference c-123 Agent Orange on each claim and send it to the office tasked with C-123 claims, A good VSO should have all that by now.

The process was much easier and the4 people I dealt with were great.

Good luck to all.

Hi Chuck I was wondering if you can help me out here.  I recieved a email stating that The VA granted service connection at 100 % for schizophrenia w/bipolar disorder and polysubstance abuse effective 27 January 2009. Additionally they granted special monthly compensation based on aid & attendance from 2 July 2012 and entitlement to CH. 35 Dependants Education Assistance effective 27 January 2009. Coul'd tell me what my payment is projected to be .