VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

(Updated with C&P results) Recently requested IU at MH providers suggestion

Rate this question

WhyMista

Question

So I recently as of 20150412 applied for IU along with reopening my claims for migraines, vertigo and photosensitivity.

I was recently back in march given an increase on my PTSD rating so that I currently sit at 80%.  The breakdown being 70%-PTSD  10%-Left shoulder impingement 10%-Tinnitus  0%-mild ankle laxity

My claim for migraines is well supported by over 3yrs of treatment records showing that I have on average two a week that cause me to either be forced to take an abortive that renders me unable to function so as to relieve the nausea of being stuck in bed all day without lights or any sort of sounds.  There have been multiple medications I have been on and the last two times I was seen by my PCP they noted the migraines being debilitating and consistent and that basically there is nothing else to do besides deal with them as we currently are.  I did get a call from the RO that said they had approved my claim for migraines and that they were still working on my other contentions.  From everything I have seen doing research it seems as if I may be given a 50% rating due to the frequency and severity of them.

Now since my MH provider is the one who suggested I apply for IU based upon my PTSD, not even knowing about my migraines and knowing that since I have been treated there I have had multiple attempts to return to school and been unsuccessful due to having in the past year three hospitalizations as well as normal daily difficulties and only one seasonal temporary job this past christmas season does that bode well for my chances at getting IU.  Before I applied for IU I did my request for ptsd and migraines and was sent to a C&P for them earlier this summer which is why I am assuming they haven't requested another C&P.  

Thank you
Edited by WhyMista

Called ebenefits today and they said my claim was completed as of the first of this month.  The site had not yet updated and they had not yet completed putting my packet together for mail but I should receive it by early next week.  I'll update on whether they did grant me IU or not and if not why.

Good luck!  Go enjoy some time with the loved ones.  :smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can qualify for TDIU I say take it because it  may be harder to get in the future.   Even as the VA and current administration talk about honoring vets they are busy thinking of ways to make it harder for unemployable vets to get 100% compensation.  Unless you have fantastic life expectations I would take the TDIU because you will have that for life and it beats most pensions these days since there are none but what you can save in an IRA or 401-K.  To get the equivalent of TDIU you would need to save about 1,000,000 bucks and get 4% interest on the entire amount for the rest of your days.