VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU Help

Rate this question

MOMO68

Question

Listed below is the letter I received from Voc Rehab. Will it help with a IU claim?

I performed a comprehensive evaluation of the above referenced veteran’s current situation
as it applies to the potential to complete a program of rehabilitation services and profit from
these services by returning to suitable gainful employment. As a matter of course, every
evaluation includes a thorough examination of the veteran’s records including available
medical documentation. All other issues concerning reasonable feasibility for a program
of services are explored.

The above referenced veteran is determined to be currently infeasible to participate in a
program of rehabilitation services and profit from these services. This determination is
based on the available information which indicates her service connected disabling
conditions and associated problems secondary to these medical conditions preclude
successful participation in a program of rehabilitation services or the identification of a
suitable occupational goal.

This information is submitted to the Adjudication Division in accordance with the
provisions of M 28-1, Part II, and M 28-2, Part I, Ch 4, Para. 4.03(a) which refers to advising
your office of medical infeasibility of a veteran rated less than 100% disabled.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes , that document will help you attain TDIU.

Send the VA a copy of it with a 21-4138 cover letter, or  upload it via ebenefits.

If SC disabilities render a vet unfeasible for Voc Rehab, then they are unemployable doe to SC disabilities.

The only problem I see with this is:

"This determination is
based on the available information which indicates her service connected disabling
conditions and associated problems secondary to these medical conditions preclude
successful participation in a program of rehabilitation services or the identification of a
suitable occupational goal."

You have 'none' as SCs in the profile to the left

What is your SC rating now, and does it include established secondarys?

OK Good!

I was a little concerned that the Voc Rehab person mentioned secondarys..... I always look for the line mines in VA rhetoric....

Have you applied for SSDI as well? The SSDI criteria and also the initial application is at the SSA disability.

When your comp hit 70%, the VA (if you were not employed and they knew that) VA should have considered you for TDIU, and made a statement regarding TDIU in the decision..

Did they deny TDIU consideration at that time?

If so was that because you were employed?

While a stmt from Voc Rehab may help, I think the most significant is if your doctor(s) give you a "nexus".  In other words, he needs to state you are unable to maintain SGE due to SC conditions.  Its not enough to be unemployed..people get laid off for many reasons that have nothing to do with the military, such as cutbacks, etc. 

You need to be Unemployable due to sc conditions.  

I may not be the best person to ask, tho, I have been trying to get IU for 13 years, so far, no luck.  Mostly, its because Va can not read the evidence.  

Yes I was denied the first time. I have applied for social security and was denied. I am currently medical retired from federal government due to cancer and other disabilties. I wasnt when I applied the first time.