VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this topic

saints13

Good Afternoon,

I had taken time off from my experience with the VA disability system. I was finally awarded 50% PTSD, 40% bilateral knees, 10% tinnitus, 0% hearing loss and a statement saying that I did meet High Blood Pressure compensation but no records making it as a secondary condition. Now my total is 70% as of April 2014.

How would I go about getting HBP secondary?

Also I have written letters from my VA doctor stating that I'm unemployable, Mental Health stating I'm unemployable and also my Voc Rehab counselor stating I'm untrainable and unemployable. They all stated that even if I was trained or employed it would make all my conditions worse. I just was awarded SSDI last week with a fully favorable decision by the Judge. I received the Judges letter but still waiting on the actual award letter stating how much I will receive, for how long, etc But her report stated everything was SEVERE for my PTSD and Knee problems (Which are both service connected) and also the vocational expert stated there are no jobs that I would be able to be employed in within the labor job market due to my conditions and amount of appointments I have to go to with the VA.

Would this finally be enough information for the VA to approve me for 100% TDIU now?

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I'm somewhat hesitant to send anything in as I know VA will do another 10+ exams to try to reduce my PTSD and my knees as what they were trying to do when I asked for service connection and for increase. Should I wait and just don't rock the boat? Just wondering since I was approved just this year and also given increases but denied TDIU, On the TDIU form it now states which condition I think makes me unemployable. I have been unemployed for over 2 1/2 years now. Again that you in advance for any help, support, ideas, etc, it is greatly appreciated.

Also my wife and I both have had visions and thoughts from God that We should send it in for another go around with the system for TDIU only this time.

Send COPIES of your SSDI decision and what you received from the vocational expert in with your NOD on the TDIU. Doesn't sound like there should be an issue with you getting it but we all know how the VA handles things.

You could file HTN as a secondary to your PTSD.

Thank You for your service. ?

Edited by R3dneck

Thank you for you help and responses. I will resend in all my information again but this time also include the SSDI that I was just awarded.God willing, he will work thru the rater and see how obvious it is and grant the TDIU. Again thank you!!

I really don't understand why you don't have TDIU, almost like i don't understand why i don't have SSDI (denied 2x reconsideration recently denied)

I am TDIU 100 P&T and from what i can see you should be to, but the puzzling thing is if im am TDIU and you are SSDI then what is going on here??

I really think that Voc Rehab recommending Independent living program helped my IU claim but not sure because the letter is not thorough and does not mention anything about me not being able to work(my voc counselor) refused to write a letter specific to this.  (after a couple months after assessment they are still working on supervisor approval of.. hum.. not sure now wtf is going on)

So, hopefully the VA overlooked this and that's not right if they did, that's my thoughts. Now back at you.....with a ?

I can't find anyone that says i cant work letter.. no Dr. no consilor wants to do this for me and is why my SSDI probably is being denied, heck even an attorney told me "when you get a letter from a Dr. Stating you can't work then call me back to file an appeal...ugh!!!) 

So any suggestions??   Hope my little bit helps and i hope your little bit feedback helps to.. money is being stretched...i just realized that Dental is not covered for a P&T TDIU.. so a big chunk is going into dental for me and my Child... ugh!!!

Valhalla0321,

If I were you I would look into a good SSDI attorney. With you being 100% P&T TDIU I would think you would be drawing SSDI. You need to have all of your evidence ready to present to the judge. Hopefully third times a charm.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use