VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO REFERRALS & REVIEWS

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

I want to start a thread for people to post names of IMO/IME's they have used.

THIS IS FOR GOOD AND BAD DOCS.  We want to know who to go to and who to avoid (Keep in mind if your symptoms and evidence does not support a DX or SC that does not mean they are a Bad doctor, it means you havent given them what they need to do what you want)

Rules: (and Tbird/mods have final say)

1) Follow the template below, Copy and Paste

2) do not list out your whole story of your claims spanning back 20 years, keep it concise

3) If they were good or bad, list concise (ie quick and to the point) reasons why.

TEMPLATE:

COPY AND PASTE

--------------------------------------------

WHERE ARE THEY:

NAME:

WHAT IS THEIR SPECIALTY (or what you were seen for):

COST:

REVIEW (keep the Yes or No, based on whats correct)

Did they review your entire file (YES) (NO)  --

Did they provide a well written DBQ/IMO/IME (YES) (NO)  --

Were they familiar with VA Claims (38 cfr, M21, etc) ? (YES) (NO) --

Would you classify them as "Vet Friendly" (YES) (NO) --

Would you recommend them to other veterans? (YES) (NO) --

Comments: (Be Brief)

--------------------------------------------------

Edited by USMC_VET

USMC_VET,

I emailed Dr Trippi  and got the email returned  said it was no such addy?

Do you happen to have it?...although I got it off her web site and rechecked still got it back?

Thanks Buddy

....Buck

http://www.drelainetripi.com/ptsd_self_test_for_men.html

take her test online, thats how she usually gets back to folks.  if she doesnt hten let me know.

We used Dr John Ellis MD

WHERE ARE THEY: Oklahoma City OK

NAME: Dr John Ellis

WHAT IS THEIR SPECIALTY (or what you were seen for):- He does Medical Lar and Forensic Medicine, he is an expert in Occupational Medicine, and he teaches other medical progessionals about Forensic medicine , His Curriculum Vitae is extensinve. He is Board Certified, and his practice is primarily Occupational Medicine.

COST:$650

5100 N Brookline Ave # 465, Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 917-5336

REVIEW (keep the Yes or No, based on whats correct)

Did they review your entire file (YES) (NO)  -- Yes

Did they provide a well written DBQ/IMO/IME (YES) (NO)  - Yes                                                                                                                                                          Were they familiar with VA Claims (38 cfr, M21, etc) ? (YES) (NO) -- Yes

Would you classify them as "Vet Friendly" (YES) (NO) -- Yes very

Would you recommend them to other veterans? (YES) (NO) -- Yes

Comments: (Be Brief)

Where they are: San Diego

Specialty: Multiple Myeloma/ Hemotology

Cost: was covered by insurance (She's treating)

UCSD MOORES Cancer Center

Dr. C. Costello

summary: A learning experience for both of us. She does the Dr thing and I gathered and studied causation. I showed her my pics and further evidence and in turn she, with a clear conscience wrote a great IMO "as likely as not". During this process we learned about the VA together and the verbiage for a nexus letter, and for her, what the hell a nexus letter was! Anyway she is all squared away now and is comfortable writing IMO's for service members suffering from the same cancer.

I know it's hard to get a Dr to write and IMO but, what I did was take the attitude that I will help educate her and this will help any veterans who come to her later and want an IMO, she will know exactly what one is. 

Anyway she is a great MM oncologist and I'm lucky to have her.

Valor Compensation Consulting

Name- Bethany Spangenburg

Where they are. AZ

Specialty- general health and VA Compensation and Pension exams

Cost- Is a negotiable fee ( they offer payments and other options) very helpful!!!

I contacted them from this forum and found them to not only Veteran owned but very knowledgeable about the claims process. What is I really liked is the understanding of situations and flexibility the offered me. They even follow up just check and make sure I am doing ok and ensure that I am attending appointments that I should, or if I just need to talk. I am awaiting my decision but the documents I received from Valor compensation Consulting were more than I could have hoped for and I feel very confident in their service. Plus they took payments for my services. That really helped me so much.

WHERE ARE THEY: Landrum, SC

NAME: CLIFFORD VOCATIONAL SERVICES

SPECIALTY: Employability Assessments and IMOs

COST:600

I have heard outstanding things about Dr Pat Clifford and especially his Employment Assessibility reports. Essentially, he takes your sc disabilities and records and writes a thorough report on whether you are employable or non employable, as well as permanently disabled, etc. This comes in extremely useful in obtaining TDIU. He is very vet friendly, and i know of two other vets that used his reports and were approved pretty quickly for tdiu. I would highly recommend him, also you can send your records to him, no need for travel. 

Almost forgot, Dr Clifford's contact # is 864-457-2136

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use