VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I can't breathe....

Rate this topic

brokensoldier244th

Unofficially today I was granted P andT, and IU from February 2015 to March, then p and t scheduler from March 2015 onward at S rate. I'm not sure how to feel. My path was not as long as many of you, since Nebraska seems to be faster about some things, but I started ultimately at discharge in 2002 and incremented as things presented themselves as needed. 

Time to find somewhere to volunteer, and work a little bit, maybe. Time to read the forums on what to do now- im 38. Im not sure what it 'means' yet. Im still processing. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

It can be quite a surprise at first, especially when the retro hits your bank.

Your hard work and persistence paid off. I'm just a little older than you, but not IU, so I still try to work and keep busy, but it's not easy. It helps pass the time.

That was the weird part. I left work in March. VA rated IU from February until May, then from May on P and T (most of my CandPs were in May). Not much retro, but ive been doing this a bit at a time, not filing for all contentions outright from discharge. Knowing now what I do, would I have done it different? Maybe. I probably lost out somewhere along the way, but ultimately I woke up this AM not feeling like a failure for not having a job and wondering when the next bill was going to get paid and how. This also bolsters my SSDI application considerably. My lawyer was understandably thrilled (for many motivations, im sure) 

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations brokensoldier244th

Just take some time and relax maybe take the family on a nice relaxing vacation& enjoy.

Depends on what your hobbies are  if you have a hobby that you like to do and you can  I suggest for you to do that, I know I gained a lot of weight not doing anything after I got P&T and that was a big mistake,...Now I m in the VA Move program/dieting /exercise..so for losing at present.

but I'm a lot older so I use that as an excuse eh! :wink:

..................Buck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use