VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MOST LIKELY CAUSE BY

air1

Question

IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH ON IMO:PTSD  MOST LIKELY CAUSED BY OR A RESULT OF MILITARY ASSAULT. ALSO IN IMO -IT IS MY OPINION TO AT LEAST 90% LEVEL OF PROBABILITY THAT HIS CURRENT PTSD AND DEPRESSION ARE DUE TO HIS EXPERIENCES /TRAUMA(THE INSERVICE ASSAULT) THAT PATIENT HAD DURING MILITARY SERVICE. WHAT YOU THINK?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta is correct.  I apologize for not seeing that earlier.  VA thinks no one can diagnose PTSD except them.   We dont have to like it, but the VA is the only game in town so we have no choice but to play with their rules.  

Here is one place which explains PTSD diagnosis must be done by a VA doc.

http://www.allgov.com/news/controversies/veterans-groups-clash-with-va-over-ptsd-diagnosis?news=841999

I was dx depression in military and the VA examiner stated that there was dx of depression in military and also now,the denial was  that the private examiner  had an M.A and VA examiner had an PHD so the probative went to VA examiner,even though also was DX with PTSD and Depression while partial hospitalize in private hospital ,i also don't like your comment about paying money to get another evaluation.If you got an DX that you felt was wrong would you not seek another opinion.It amaze me how some come on hear and give opinion that if I did not no better I would swear you work for VA. I put the IMO in my document so it could me read and understood not degraded.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA PTSD only bit is very controversial because it places the VA in the position they have attempted to be in with all veteran's disability claims.

For a very long time, the VA's attitude has been that even a medically unqualified VA examiner's opinion/findings are of more merit than that of a fully qualified outside doctor. The rationale was and is that the VA examiner supposedly is completely unbiased.  That's the biggest lie ever told by the VA, in many veteran's opinions. 

• HadIt.com Elder

You should ask this doc to treat you or this opinion will go in the trash, like it never happened.

Your up against a group that thinks it is god. 

They change rules in the federal register like we change underwwear.

J