VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Dustoff Reunion in San Diego

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

For any of you living in the greater San Diego area, I will be giving a speech to the Vietnam Dustoff Association's reunion members at the Hampton Hotel downtown on Friday morning around 1030 hours. VDA folks are the first group of maniacs I've ever encountered who, like me, lacked the common sense gene about self preservation. We tended to run or fly towards the sound of bombs and bullets rather than away from it. 

The speech will be about filing for VA claims and some of the newer techniques. The focus will be on Agent Orange claims, Hepatitis C and PTSD. After 26+ years, I won't say I've seen it all but I expect there isn't much I haven't seen.  Would love to meet any of you Hadit members for a photo op to include in the asknod blog. We're becoming a force to be reckoned with thanks to Theresa's dogged determination all these years. I don't get out much anymore and the invite down to speak to some of the bravest men who ever served in any war yet (with me) in combat is an honor few receive. Hell, I'd go down there for an opportunity just to listen to their stories. And like me, most never got their promised medals for bravery. Funny how the REMFs all managed to get theirs!

Chesty Puller once said "War is Hell. Combat, on the other hand, is something entirely different.'' 

Alex sends

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet