VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Repeat C&P Exam

Rate this question

babycourt45

Question

Hello all, I filed for an increase on several contentions as well as some new contentions in February 2015 and had my C&P exams conducted in August 2015.  I just received a call to schedule C&Ps for the same exams previously conducted in August 2015, with the same doctors as well as with a mental health doctor.  I suspect this is common if there is a question from the rater, my question is has this happened before to anyone else or am I just being paranoid?  Thanks for any input...

• HadIt.com Elder

I think a lot of what the raters do  they interpret the examiners reports as they wish and use the CFR's to there advantage and not the veterans...this is why its very very important veterans look up CFR's Regs  them self...when a veteran NOD a decision  he needs th use the CFR's to his best ability and quote there own regs back to them  especially when they low ball a veteran or denied a vet.

What makes it hard on a rater is when the examiner gives a favorable report and the evidence the veteran has to back it up  then the raters either CUE them self /deny or award the claim.  (if the veteran catches it in time)

jmo

.............Buck

Buck..thanks for your insight..it is great to get these types of tidbits of knowledge to store up for future use.

Here is a quick update...my claim has been in "Preparation for Decision" since about ten days after my first set of C&P exams in August.  I logged into Ebenny's tonight and my claim has moved to "Preparation for Notification" with upcoming C&P appointments in the next 2 weeks based on request from the VARO.  I guess I can assume that my claim is going to be deferred until after I complete my upcoming C&Ps.

• HadIt.com Elder

babycourt45

Check out this video from ( H&P ) Hill & Ponton Disability Veterans Attorneys  ...From Daytona Beach FL.

https://www.hillandponton.com/category/veterans/cp-exams/

Some great information!

........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Matt Hill is a member here on Hadit.  he is a very good veteran attorney!

..............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Your welcome babycourt45

Good Luck with your claim &  just hang in there!

.............Buck