VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success at BVA level

Rate this topic

chr49

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2016 at 1:02 PM, broncovet said:

As already mentioned, the next step of your claim, now that you won sc, is for the VA to lowball or noball you.  Or, they may just skip to hornswaggling you on the effective date right away.  Let us know which they do.  

Broncovet....

You are right on! They lowballed me. I ended up going from 50 to 70% & filed a NOD ..... waited 450 days to hear that they approved my requested rating of 60% per lower extremity. I am now 100% schedular - P&T, no future exams......BUT.....they hornswaggled me out of 7 years on the effective date. Not sure where I’ll head at this point, got the paperwork on the 23rd, so I’m going thru medical files right now.

Edited by chr49

I believe you are right broncovet......nothing to lose, so might as well. My wife & I have been working on it all day. Time is short on this one since its been to BVA - rated - then NOD. Hate that we have to wait for years, yet have to jump thru hoops & do things quickly for them ..... but its just the way it goes. Thanks for offering your opinion. This is such an old post I thought you may miss it.

Edited by chr49

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use