VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Depressive Disorder C&P

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I am currently rated 30% for Migraines, and 0% for Restless Leg Syndrome.  These are both SC'd from service in the Gulf.  I recently had a C&P for MDD.  Very nice Doctor.  Asked me a lot of questions from childhood on.  I was then asked to answer a 20 question questionnaire regarding how I feel.  Does anyone know what this is, and what it is used for?  Doctor also recommended I make an appt and be seen by VA Psych.  Not sure what GAF score was, but doctor stated I was in moderate to severe range.  Hope the outcome is good.  What was that 20 question questionnaire, and how do you think I stand with the claim?  

How about Sinusitis and Hypertension?  I have been in meds for blood pressure since a month after leaving service.  And, take antibiotics about 4-5 times per year for sinus infections.  Has anyone been rated for these?

Thanks for the clarification!  I was diagnosed right after I left service.  It was frowned upon to go to sick call, so I never went for it.  But have been on meds since month after leaving service.  Symptoms started while I was in.

I sure do understand the "frowned upon sick call" mentality.

I deleted the rest of my post, I realized after the fact that maybe I was getting too close to "hijacking" your thread.  And that was really bothering me.  I apologize, Devildog12, it was not my intention to step on your soapbox.

Semper Fi.

Andy

Edited by Andyman73
possibly hijacking thread

Well, my claim went into prep for decision phase, so hopefully I will hear something soon.  Thanks to everyone for the help and input!  This site is fantastic and very helpful!!!