VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Mail to Allison Hickey pays off

Rate this topic

highoctane

Thanks Buck. If anyone needs any help with getting in touch with people that can make things happen at the Winston-Salem RO let me know. There are people there that really want to help with those cases where the "system" has failed to work as it should. It's just a matter of getting to talk to those people.

Edited by highoctane

Congratulations on your win!!

I too, have contacted Ms. Hickey and my claim completed in 3 days!! I agree with you, if you send a thoughtful email to Ms. Hickey or even to Sec. Mcdonald they seem willing to get things going.

Again....congratulations on your win!!

All the best to you and your family.!!

Thank you eagle1012004. Everyone one from the VBA who I actually got to speak to after Ms. Hickey got the ball rolling was extremely helpful, and I do not think it was entirely because they were scrambling to appease the Under Secretary...they seemed truly concerned. The problem to me seems to be with how we can communicate with the VA, there is a major disconnect with communication. Here is my personal opinion, the VA is over run right now, and has been over run for years...the Federal Govt focused all it's effort on sending troops to war and supporting operations abroad but failed to plan for the aftermath and has repeated this process since at least Vietnam...the VA leadership is expected to just make it work with what they are given, when what they are given isn't enough(to vets this should sound familiar).  They are drowning and we are paying for it, as are the VA employees who try to make the best of what they have to work with and know they are fighting a loosing battle. Maybe one of these years we will elect some leadership who will actually fix the problem at the root...but I am not going to hold my breath. In the mean time, it is on us to fight for what we are entitled to by law...

Edited by highoctane

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use