VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When To File IMO

Rate this question

allan1351

Question

I presently have a 50% PTSD rating as of May 2015.I filed for an increase and IU.I pushed the button last week.Now my IMO is coming and need to know if I should wait for decision first then file my IMO if denied.Or should I just wait and file with an appeal...Thanks in advance...

Thanks  USMC for your reply and time!!!  I truly appreciate everyone trying to help me....USMC I will try and figure out how to upload this DBQ for everyone...It cost a lot of money and this guy's name comes up here on hadit....if I can't figure it out I'm willing to email it to you with your permission.....then maybe you can take the names off..I am not a computer guy....I do feel we Vets need to be careful who we pay.....I was hoping this dbq would stop the cp's.....but there still on eben...hope to hear from you soon......Allan

If your comfortable i am.  Sorry i didnt get back i was computer less for 24 hours.

I can redact it with Adobe, etc. and send it back to you to look over and make sure everything is off you want.

Also even with IME's it doesnt meant C&P's stop, that is relaly driven by the VA's want to NOT give you a positive ending on your claim.  So while an IME can stop a C&P it doesnt always. 

Think of it in terms of numbers for the VA.

few people get a IME, lest say 5%.

of that 5% if they go and get a C&P that would say lean towards you getting 70% vs your IME report reading 100% and they rate you at 70% how many veterans actually NOD, or do it the right way within the right period of time to push forward to a DRO hearing, then how many after that to BVA and on and on.

You are talking maybe 50% actually NOD it in the correct manner in the correct amount of time, maybe 50% of those if denied then get a good lawyer for the BVA or do the research to represent themselves well at the BVA level.  At the CAVC level i would say its probably 90% of the BVA denials go to the CAVC, since if you are knowledgeable enough to go to the BVA and then appeal to the CAVC you are probably decently informed.

But crunching those numbers...you are talking .01% actually taking it the distance.

Even at the RO denial level the numbers are in the favor of the VA to lowball and deny even with a IME.  Its all rater dependent of course, but just looking at numbers of folks it makes sense why they would still throw a hail mary in the form of a C&P.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use