VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Arrived!!!

Rate this topic

flores97

Hello, Had it Family, this is an update on "waiting on rating at winston salem".  My retro arrived yesterday, Oct 6 15, after BVA granted my two claims for systemic lupus and mood disorder/memory loss on Aug 14, 15, which is pretty much the speed of light for VA.  I did submit hardship paperwork on Sep 16, two days before finally losing my job due to sc disabilities, which I believe sped up the process tremendously, I resubmitted on Sep 18, at a mobile crisis command center from the Winston Salem VARO, to ensure the RO received the paperwork.  I was rated at 60% for systemic lupus, though my symptoms are far more severe than the criteria for 60, as I have had 11 flareups in the past 11 months, each lasting around nine days, but at least I am rated, and at 50% for the mood disorder/memory loss, for a combined 80%.  Once again, thank you to everyone on had it for giving great advice and support, and Good Luck to everyone on your claims!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations ,enjoy and take care

.............Buck

Congrats.  What i recommend to everyone is to stick away 1k in a account you can touch easily (debit cards or checks) for use for IMO's in the future.  The VA will reschedule you in the future (2-5 years) for a re exam.  if theres anyway they can say you will get better they can try and reduce you.  Find a good IMO person now and keep their name in your records, and once you get mail from the VA for the reexam then go in for that.  If you get a decision back that you are to continue your current % then great if not then you will have 60 days to submit evidence to rebut the proposal to reduce and you can go in for your IMO/IME and submit THAT to the VA and win the proposal. 

Not to be a downer sorry, just would be easier to stick that aside NOW vs trying to scrounge it up later.  Plus you will have that on hand if you want to file for an increase, TDIU (which you should have a decent case if you had to leave work for your SC alreadY) or for P&T.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use