VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Phase without a C & P (PTSD)

Rate this question

Muffin

Question

I was just wondering if anyone has ever jumped to the pending decision phase without a C & P? I have a rating at 0% for headaches; and 30% for MDD.  I have been actively going to VA clinic here in Georgia for MDD since 2011; and was diagnosed through the VA with PTSD. I originally filed the claim for PTSD in June 2014. I know that I can only be rated for one MH, but do any of you think that with the addition of PTSD and MDD that my rating would increase? The Regional office recently called me to ask more questions about my issues and then she stated that I should have added MST.  She then asked me if I had the address of witnesses etc. so I gave her the information that she requested.  I am really nervous because I noticed that in my VA medical records the GAF score is no longer included and my VA mental notes from my last MH appointment were pretty much on how I was doing for that day. 

Thank you for all of the help and support on this.  I will stay away from ebennies, because now it states that I am in the prep for notification stage as of this morning.  I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

A C and P exam is not required.  They have to have MEDICAL EVIDENCE, yes, but there is nothing special about a C and P exam.  Your evidence, may well already be in your file. 

You can go through your records if you like, and see for yourself if you have the required evidence. 

1.  You need a current PTSD diagnosis. 

2.  You need evidence of an in service stressor.

3.  You need a nexus, such as the doctor saying, "Your PTSD diagnosis is at least as likely as not due to (XX event) in military service"

This is the "big 3" required for service connection.   As PETE posted, if you have these, then you can look in your records for evidence of symptoms, as described to guess at your disability percentage. 

YOU WONT get compensated for the same symptoms for PTSD AND MDD.  You get compensation for the worst set of symptoms of a mental disorder, never both. 

Muffin,

That ebennies site can really drive you crazy!!! 

Andyman

Yeah i went against the advice i give and checked today...it has moved...once again... back from gathering evidence to preperation for a decision.

That means 1 of 2 things.

1) It is actually in preparation for a decision

2) its not

Could you imagine if Amazon was like this?  They listed your iltem as shipped, but 3 weeks later its marked as "readying to ship"  then 4 months later contacted you to ask you questions "did you really want that movie?"  "when did your first craving for that popcorn first appear?"  then 3 months later a box arrives where they explain how they dont believe that you truly wanted the popcorn or the movie and that at this time they cannot ship it to you and if you wanted to appeal their decision you can wait another 235 days before you can state why that popcorn was something you wanted :)

So...what was that movie you wanted? Lol!

It is very hard to resist checking the ebennies page to see if there is any signs of life with your claim.  It's like a siren singing your song, calling you to come and check, when it in reality is calling you to your doom! (only if you're an ancient mariner).

yeah i had checked it this morning then again this afternoon, im like a addict looking for that high of changed status...

I said it was good advice to not check it, i didnt say i followed it...

Edited by USMC_VET