VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO SOC

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is there a place to see the average time for a DRO to issue their SOC I just had my hearing on the 15th so I can imagine a long time ?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Loyal, I believe he looking for the time from NOD to DRO review and either a grant or SOC. Depending on the RO, its about 585 days for Oakland, about 6 months for Fort Harrison and around 600 days at Waco /Houston. Seattle was running about 480 last time I checked. 

I had a DRO hearing 90 days after my NOD, that was in Alaska.  unfortunately i hadnt live there in 3 years....so i lost that slot and am now going on 4 months in the midwest. 

ouch wish everywhere was like the VA in Alaska

Yeah i was suprised how quick it was, unfortunately...

1) i dont live there

2) I received the letter 1.5 days before it was to happen, i really almost feel like it was issued so quickly knowing i wouldnt be able to make it?  I asked to have it moved to my home state or that i get teleconned in.  Called RO, called VSO rep, called everyone, however no one could put my in contact with the DRO, their office, etc. to nail down something.  so what basically happened is i was consider a no show then they dropped the reduction.

Mr. Jfrei wishes to know the approximate time from

1) DRO hearing 

until

2) Decision from Decision Review Officer

So far he has received about everything but. For Philadelphia, I have no up-to-date knowledge. Poking holes in the dark, I'd have to say at least 12-16 months at the worst. If you had a medical or financial issue that qualified- perhaps 3 months or less. Philly is pretty constipated as they also handle all the VA's insurance stuff, too.  Best of luck, sir.

Thanks Nod I have more evidence to submit to the DRO anyways she asked to see my hearing I was in yesterday in front of Congress on the importance of Vehicle & Safety. I was ok just nervous on the video camera. There was a group of us I was the only survivor the other 5 were the parents who explained what happened and I explained my story. Hoping once she sees it, it will go a little faster.

Edited by jfrei

Well, that ought to put the thumb on your side of the scale. I look forward to hearing of your win.